Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean logic with variant configuration

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for an easy solution or a framework of certain setup of dependencies, variant tables to fulfill this kind of logical expressions:

Input CharacteristicIF CharacteristicOutput Characteristic
+N.A.+
+N.A.-
+++
++-
+-+
+--
-N.A.+
--+
-++
-N.A.-
-+-
---

For an example

1. the first row means:

if the input characteristic value is "X" and there is not any IF characteristic value then the output charcteristic value has to be "Y"

2. the row six means:

if the input characteristic value is "X" and the IF characteristic value is not "Z" then the output charcteristic value cannot be "Y"

Let us say that the content (characteristic values) are stored in variant tables so I would like to setup some general dependencies which can handle the above cases.

Usually I have been using variant tables and on the top of them only positive constraints (e.g. input characteristic value is "X" then infer the output characteristic value "Y" based on a variant table)

I am looking for some flexible solutions possibly without development.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tamas Rakoczy,

Even i miss this exception building logic in variant tables,  specialy when we have one value blank as well as an exception similar to your point 2, it will be great to sell this idea to SAP to add this feature, have you added it in IDEA place?

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I have not yet posted it to IDEA place. So your comment means that you do not know a solution for this without programming?

Best regards

Tamas