Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search with Embedded Search on HANA

0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

i have set up the Embedded Search with HANA by following this Guide:

Setting Up Embedded Search - Search and Operational Analytics - SAP Library

Now my question is hot to search by using the Embedded Search?

From TREX i know some tabs at the Dialog of the F4-Help. Is searching over F4-Help in SAP GUI with HANA also possible. I do not see some Tabs which say search over Search Engine or Embedded Search.

The only way i've found to search over the Embedded Search is by using the Search-UI (Web Dynpro) by calling Transaction "ESH_SEARCH"

Looking forward to your replies!

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

there is no difference between TREX based search and Hana based search.

As a end user UI you can use the ESH_SEARCH (if you have activated the service in SICF) and you still can use the F4-Input help (if you have activated the business function ERP_ENTERPRISESEARCH). No difference in customizing, no difference in usability.

BUT.... with Embedded Search based on HANA you can use the Fiori Search / Remote Search as well the fact sheets from Fiori. This are the new added features.

Best regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hey Frank,

thanks for your reply.

ESH_SEARCH is acitvated and works.

ERP_ENTERPRISESEARCH is also active.

In Search Help MAT1 the MAT1_ESH_APPEND is set and activated.

But how can i search over Embedded Search / Enterprise Search in SAP GUI (F4-Help)?

We do not use TREX, only HANA!

Best regards

Simon

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

you have mentioned that you are familar with getting and using the F4 Input help tab "Simple Search via Search Engine" while you are using TREX. The F4 input help is not using TREX the F4 input help is using Embedded Search. Within Embedded Search you can configure different persistance layer like TREX, BWA and Hana. This depends on the release. So that means it is exactly the same customizing nomatter it is TREX or Hana as a persistance layer. So go to ESH_COCKPIT and activate the index for the business object. The software component must be the "old" once. So EA_APPL or PLMWUI or something like this.

Best regards

Frank