cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming webservice in SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement in which we query data from an oracle based system directly from ECC (Without using XI/PI). Oracle guys have developed an API and have shared the WSDL with us. I am trying to create a proxy using the WSDL URL in SE80, but the system is not allowing me to create the proxy using the URL. It is giving the following error message when I am trying that - 'Proxy generation terminated: Message must have exactly one part'.

When I reached ORACLE folks with the above message, they said that its the standard that standard they are following and splitting it into single parting is not possible. I read in one of the SCN thread that SAP NetWeaver 7, Service Pack 14 onwards should support multiparting. We are on SAP NetWeaver 7, Service Pack 21, but still getting this message. Please guide.

Warm Regards,

Manjunatha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunatha,

The generation of consumer proxies for multi-operation webservices using wsdl is unfortunately not supported from ABAP (including 7.40).

There is a way around it modifying the wsdl locally to only contain the operation that you want to trigger, and then later on once the proxy is generated manually change the transformation generated.

hopefully this gives you enough hints to find the details here in SCN.

regards

Sven

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Manjunatha,

Multiple parts in a WSDL is only supported for RPC-style WSDLs, not for document styles. See SAP KBA 1714792 for details.

Could you check, if your WSDL is RPC-style or not? You can find this information in the WSDL, within the binding section. E.g.

<binding name="BarSOAPBinding" type="bar:BarPortType">

<soapbind:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http/" style="rpc"/>

If it's document style, the WSDL is not supported as it is. Follow the instructions in above linked KBA for solving this.

Cheers,

Attila