Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an event from another event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EM experts,

My client is asking me to do the following thing:

- When I launch an event in  EM, this event is set to "expected" with the date entered in the pop-up

- In the same time, it is supposed to set another event to "expected"

What I did is creating an activity in my rule set to send another event.

It is working fine as long as you send the first event on only one event Handler.

As long as you are sending simultaneously the same event to more than one event Handler the second event is sent only on the last event Handler.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this ?

Thank you.

Perrine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perrine,

Can you tell which activity method/function are you using or you are using custom activity one?

What are expected event profile config for both?

Are you using activity method EVM_EE_UPDATE to update expected event?

The program internal table takes only one event handler which is in last and updating the last one.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

I finally used EVM_EE_UPDATE to do what I need.

In the preprocessing module I added a line in the modify table that contains my new expected event.

When I call the activity EVM_EE_UPDATE, it is working fine.

Thank you again.

Perrine

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Perrine,

are you using Activity RESEND or do you have more than one EH with the same Tracking ID?

For RESEND: This is only possible when you sent it to another EH but not to the same one the original Event was posted.

For Tracking ID: All the EH must have this Tracking ID.

Best regards,

Steffen

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean by setting to  'expected'.

I'm assuming you are posting an actual event against an expected event and want to post the second event by calling a custom rule activity.

Also assuming that when you are simultaneouly posting events to multiple handlers, it's actually just one event being posted to multiple handlers sharing a common tracking ID.

Check these:

1. What is the tracking ID of the new event which is being called. Is this tracking ID contained in the handler to which you want to post the event?

2. Check for locked handlers and unlock these.

3. If the second event is already an expected event and part of the expected event profile, you can also control posting from the config of expected event profile.