cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap jco error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am new to SAP and trying to connect Java program to SAP ECC system. I am not getting the reason of this error.

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Destination ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL could not be created: java.lang.RuntimeException: File D:\WorkSpace\SAPAuto\sap\.\ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL.jcoDestination does not exist.

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.update(DefaultDestinationManager.java:208)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.searchDestination(DefaultDestinationManager.java:374)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(DefaultDestinationManager.java:89)

at com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(JCoDestinationManager.java:77)

at org.cone.sap.StepByStepClient.step1Connect(StepByStepClient.java:80)

at org.cone.sap.Test.main(Test.java:14)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm just guessing, but maybe the reason is that

Destination ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL could not be created

because

File D:\WorkSpace\SAPAuto\sap\.\ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL.jcoDestination does not exist.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right , my program is not creating file itself. and when i created file explicitly with the below parameters

jco.client.type=00

jco.client.client=420

jco.client.user=someuser

jco.client.passwd=somepassword

jco.client.lang=en

jco.client.mshost= somehost

jco.client.r3name=BCE

jco.client.group=PUBLIC

jco.client.trace=0

jco.destination.repository_destination=BCE

1. com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (101) JCO_ERROR_CONFIGURATION: Initialization of destination ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL failed: Parameter connection type ('type') value '0' is invalid

at

So client type its taking only one digit that is zero 0 . Its not reading 00.

So here i am facing two problems.

1. My program is not creating file.

2. Its not reading jco.client.type   properly.

Please suggest me something to troubleshoot with this.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Utsav,

1. The program should not create the file.

2. jco.client.type has a limited set of allowed values. Please check the documentation. Or simply don't provide it.

Best regards,

Markus

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

jco.client.type=0 is an invalid value for this property - just like the error message is saying.

As this is optional anyway, please omit it completely. JCo will use the correct type value automatically.

If you are using jco.destination.repository_destination=BCE you would then also need an appropriate file named BCE.jcoDestination. For just getting a working example, I would omit this property as well.

And one more thing: the destination name ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL indicates that it would be a direct logon to an ABAP application server. But you have chosen to configure a logon load balanced configuration with mshost and group. That is OK and will work, the destination name is just an arbitrary name, but it might be confusing for others.

Best regards,

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, seriously now...

Create a new file named ABAP_AS_WITHOUT_POOL.jcoDestination with some text editor (notepad would be sufficient) and enter the needed JCo client logon parameters there in the form

jco.client.ashost=myserverhostname

jco.client.sysnr=00

...., etc.

You will find the list of possible logon properties in the JCo API documentation at class

com.sap.conn.jco.ext.DestinationDataProvider.

Best regards,

Stefan

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Utsav,

please read the documentation available from https://service.sap.com/connectors. You obviously need to have a look at that one first.

Still I'd like to tell about this one: The stack shows you try the sample and us the default file based destination storage. But the file containing the properties does not exist.

Best regards,

Markus