cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ cannot bind structure to DDIC

0 Kudos

Hi,

I really ran into something strange with BRF+ - I cannot seem to bind a new structure to the DDIC at one of our customers sites. The client is running ECC 6.0 EHP 6, . It comes up with a warning saying “Are you sure you want to delete the binding?" (please see screenshot attached), and then it just does not allow one to create the binding. On our internal IDES system, this works fine (EHP7) - is this a known issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this SAP Note 1849738.

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Appreciate the quick response.

@Christian  - I have already looked at the market place for  notes without success (not that my search capability is the greatest either . I will create a new OSS note for this - just thought I'd see if anyone came across this previously.

@Tobias - I am creating a brand new BRF Structure - I have created a function, and want to add a new structure in BRF to the context. So the steps are:

1. Create the Application

2. Create the Function

3. "Add new Data Object"  into the context (or you can create the structure first and then link it into the context)

4. Select type "Structure"

5. Give it a name, and navigate to object - then bind it to the DDIC

at this point, on the customer system, it comes up with this warning, and refuses to bind the structure.

Hope this clarifies a bit better...

Malan

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, then it seems to be an error.

Please be aware that the OSS component for BRFplus is BC-SRV-BRF. It is part of SAP NetWeaver so the SP level of SAP_BASIS is important if you do your research.

BR Tobias

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

BC-SRV-BR is the component for BRF+.

BR,

Anindya

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malan,

if I understand you correctly you are creating a new structure in BRFplus and try to achieve a DDIC binding (you are not trying to replace an existing one)? If yes I have to say that I did not yet come accross that issue in our system. As the error does not occur in the higher release I would guess that a note exists. I did a quick scan in the market place, but did not find an appropriate note (but somehow that seems to be characteristic for me and searching notes ).

I would propose to do yourself a search in the market place. If you do not find a fitting note you should open an OSS to component BC-SRV-BR. If a note exists they usually come back to you quite quickly

BR

Christian 

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see that  it is an error: It seems to me that there a BRFplus object bound to transparent table (ZMARA?) If you want to actualize the binding then the old binding will be deleted first. So what's the point?

The warning is necessary because usually new BRFplus objects are created.

BR

Tobias