cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view Organization Structure in default.jsp link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have installed and configured Nakisa VSN 4.3 SP1.

During OrcChart configuration, i am unable to view Organization Structure view in default.jsp

I have also checked the below link and followed the instruction for OrgChart, but i am stuck up here in Org Chart and Chart Book Template configuration.

Need your suggestions and help to move forward.

Thanks

A Sharif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Sharif.

Work through the below and see what you get.  You may not need to work through them all to find your issue.

1) Have you checked your SAP connection string?  What happens when you test it in AdminConsole?  Successful or fail?

1a) Should you be using a staged build have you extracted your data to the database yet?

2) What sort of OrgChart root have you got configured?  Something static (everyone has the same root) or dynamic (e.g. start at user's own org unit)?  Does the root that is being specified exist in your SAP systems for the dates specified.

If you are using a dynamic root, try temporarily switching to a static root and re-trying.  If that's the issue, confirm that you have configured exactly as per the information in the OrgChart admin guide and you may find the debug page useful.

3) What happens if you switch to the OrgChart listing (directory menu) and search for an org unit - can you find any?

4) What does your cds.log show?  Any interesting errors?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Have you checked your SAP connection string?  What happens when you test it in AdminConsole?  Successful or fail?

Yes its working fine, connection test successful. 

2) What sort of OrgChart root have you got configured?  Something static (everyone has the same root) or dynamic (e.g. start at user's own org unit)?  Does the root that is being specified exist in your SAP systems for the dates specified.

I am using SAPLive Build.

3) What happens if you switch to the OrgChart listing (directory menu) and search for an org unit - can you find any?

Yes i can see some data here

4) What does your cds.log show?  Any interesting errors?

Thanks

A Sharif

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So data connections are good, you're getting data, and I can see that you have it set to start at the user's own org unit as root.

Did you try switching to a static root?  Given that you can find org units in a directory listing I would think that it would visualise a chart if you did that.  Of course that's just a check, not a fix....

As I mentioned earlier you probably also want to use the debug page.  This will tell you what it thinks your root org unit ID should be.  My guess is that you are probably missing such an ID.

Whatever user ID you are signing into OrgChart with must be associated (in the SAP back end) with an employee and that employee must be assigned to a position in an org unit which the chart would then start you at.  Assuming all data is in date of course.

Does that make sense?

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also you might want to test all of your SAP data connections to see if you can track down the cds.log error where it is saying you are missing the ASHOST entry in the connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your inputs, let me check and i will come back.

user id i am using is that created in backend system with nakisa role.

Thanks

Sharif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Sure i will analyze the cds.log and let me find out.

thanks

Sharif

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharif.

Have you managed to make any progress with your issue?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stephen,

Yes, we have jus recreated the build.

Thanks

Sharif