Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports from IE 8 to IE 11

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have project where we need to convert or potentially re-develop 50 Crystal reports to be compatible with IE11( we are upgrading from version 😎 There is some sort of a glitch with the Active X controls that are already developed for V8 that are not compatible with Version 11 that are causing the reports to fail.  That is the quick high level view of what has been shared with us. I am not sure of the technical depth of what exactly they need to have someone do to get them back on track.

what kind of work needs to be done in this scenario.Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Regards,

Pali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pali

When you mention ActiveX I assume you are using the Report Design Component (craxdrt.dll)?

Re:

That is the quick high level view of what has been shared with us. I am not sure of the technical depth of what exactly they need to have someone do to get them back on track. 

Who is "they"? Why don't "they" communicate with us and thereby provide the technical details?

E.g.;

Version 11 does not tell me much.

ActiveX does not tell me much (as you can tell by both Dell's and my questions).

"...reports fail" does not tell me much. What does "fail" mean? Errors? Behavior? Symptoms?

Perhaps this blog will be of help:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your response. I understand I do not have much but the Business manager's team that has this issue came to me with this exact information. It did not make complete sense to me so I thought i would post this question and hoped some of the blanks to be filled ...if it made sense to anyone. I will have more information tomorrow perhaps.

I wanted to understand what I am expected to do as a crystal reports developer and if at all it is a crystal reports developer's work.

Regards,

pali

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pali

I feel you pain , but let's see what we can do.

The four initial and most important questions to get answers to are:

1) Precise version of Crystal Reports used (you may want to look in the CR designer in the Help | About screen, or perhaps search for crpe32.dll and get a version of that.

2) The SDK used. Confirm that the app is using the RDC. If not, then what (OCX)? Other?

3) What OS are you trying to get this app to work on? (as Dell says, IE does not matter that much, OS may)

4) Define "...reports fail". What really happens?

As for Crystal developer. Some people call those designing reports Crystal developer. Others call those using the CR SDKs to run the report developers. So. s Dell mentioned, this is an issue for the developer using the CR SDK, not for the developer "author" of the reports.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek Good Morning

I have problem in crystal report..

when i generate a report it gives following output but table design not showing in report when i add

"localhost" in compatible setting of internet explore after that it shows table structure format..

crystal report version 10.5.3700.0

browser internet explorer 11

0 Kudos

You are using the CR Basic in VS 2008. Cr for VS 2008 was released well before IE 11 was and only one patch available for CR Basic for VS 2008 and it would not have had any IE 11 updates.

Try setting IE 11 in Compatibility mode, may work for you.

To get fully updated use Visual Studio 2010 or above and download SP 14 Crystal Reports For Visual Studio from this link:

First link is to integrate into VS, all others are redist only, do not use just the redist packages in VS.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not the reports that are the issue, it's the SDK being used to view those reports that is causing the problem.  Do you know what programming language and what version of the SDK is being used?

-Dell

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

No i have no information of what you asked me ...yet. But i will know soon.So it may not be a crystal developers work ? atleast not crystal developer who does not do java (assuming java the programming lang of sdk).

Thanks for your response.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, this is not an issue with the reports themselves, per se.  It is an issue with the software being used to view the reports.  So, if you have nothing to do with maintaining that software, then it is probably not specifically your problem.

What software is being used to view the reports?  If it's a third-party software package, then the company that provides the software probably has an update that will be compatible with the new browser.

If the software was written in-house, then the developers of that software will have to upgrade it to use a newer version of the SDK.  If the software is .NET, then they'll have to upgrade the whole package to use a newer version of Visual Studio and the latest Crystal for Visual Studio SDK.  If it is java, then it will have to be updated to use Crystal for Eclipse.  If it's neither of these, then it will have to be modified to use one of them for report viewing as those are the only two SDK's that are available.

-Dell