cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail form filter in Interaction Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to use the Mail form filter feature mentioned in the BF CRM_ITSM_ALERTS.

The exact functionality mentioned below is what I need.

• You can filter the mail forms.You can assign the mail forms to specific business roles for the Interaction Center as well as for non-IC business roles. By doing so, you can simplify the selection of the suitable mail forms. Instead of displaying all existing mail forms in the input help of field Default Text, the system filters the list with the business role the user is logged on. If you assign no business role at all, all mail forms are available.You can define the business role assignment time-dependently. This function enables you to schedule the availability of mail forms.

However, Sending E-Mails - Service Request Management - SAP Library does not mention much configuration or such. It only asks to activate the business function CRM_ITSM_ALERTS and thats it.

I do not require the notification framework functionality (with subscription etc). Does the notification framework have to  be set up for the mail form filter to work.

What we need is actually restricting the mail forms displayed in the input help of the mail form search in the 'E-mail' work center to specific templates only.

I have tried using CRMC_EMAIL_ROLE but I am not sure what to put in the CRM ORDER OBJECT GUID field. I have looked into authorization object for mail forms, but it only restricts activities irrespective of template. I realise that the mail form (PMLED_MAIN) should have a "Business role" assignment block activated once the BF CRM_ITSM_ALERTS is active and I can see it in teh UI workbench but it just doesnt appear on the Mail form page in teh Web UI.

Any suggestion would be extremely welcome!

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalika Barua,

As of SAP enhancement package 2 (SP05) for SAP CRM 7.0, the business function Notification Framework and E-Mail (CRM_ITSM_ALERTS) is available. So the first step you need to:

1. make sure your CRM release is higher than enhancement package 2 (SP05). Then run T-code:

sfw5 to make sure the BF CRM_ITSM_ALERTS is active. If not, you need to activate it.

Then second steps is:

2. Logon by IC_MANAGER business role, go to work center: Knowledge Management-> click create Mail Form. See following screenshot.

You can do following by the business role assignment block in mail form creation screen.

• You can assign the mail forms to specific business roles for the Interaction Center as well as for non-IC business roles.
  • You can define the business role assignment time-dependently. This function enables you to schedule the availability of mail forms.

Best Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Regarding the above mentioned mail forms, i dont get the Business Role Assignment block in the Mail Forms creation screen due to which im unable to assign any Business Roles to the mail forms. I have attached my screen look here.

Could you please help how to enable tha assignment block.

Regards,

Mannmailforms.png

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mikeatedwards
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I had the same issue. I raised it with SAP through OSS and had this response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting SAP Global Support.

I checked the issue in

your system and found that during runtime the

system will check if a Switch

is active.  This switch is

CRM_MKT_PRODUCTIVE1.  Now this switch belongs to

Business Function

CRM_MKT_PRD.  So if you activate this business function

this switch

will also be activated.

After activating CRM_MKT_PRD the Business role assignment is visible in our system.

Best regards

Mike

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way,  regarding following SAP help link:

Notification Framework and E-Mail - Business Functions for SAP Customer Relationship Management - SA...

Sending E-Mails - Service Request Management - SAP Library

At the bottom of the help page, there is a feedback column. If you have any additional

feed back, you can input your thoughts and comments and even your email address

if you want SAP to get back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

A massive Thanks for your answer, I had activated the aforementioned BF and its prerequisites, but the new business role assignment block never showed up in the mail form. I can see it in the Bsp component of the mail form but it just doesnt show up on the front end.

I have EhP3.

Thanks

Kamalika

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalika,

Are you using standard IC_MANAGER business role?

On the mail form creation screen, if you click F2 button on keyboard, may I know the component
and view name?

Best Regards,

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, its the same component I mentioned before, please have a look.

I have used IC_MANAGER ( F2 screenshot in mail form) as well as Marketing professional.But either way, its the same component with no business role assignment block.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

I forgot to mention, once I activated the BF CRM_ITSM/CRM_ITSM_ALERTS, the buttons (Edit, save etc) disappeared from the transaction overview page in Web UI (eg. SRQM_INCIDENT_H). Disabling these reversible BF reinstated the buttons. Does that give any clue?

Thanks!

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Normally, after we activated BF "CRM_ITSM_ALERTS" in transaction SFW5, a new table is available "CRMC_EMAIL_ROLE" where we can define which Mail Form is assigned to which role.
You cannot see this assignment block, I am not sure if this is related to authorization.

But when you mentioned "buttons (Edit, save etc) disappeared from the transaction overview page", I think this may due to miss authorization.  I think you may refer to below link, to check if user has
enough authoziation or not.

Authorization Concept for the Notification Framework

Notification framework. General overview and some tips

Please also check if you have activated BF CRM_IC_CEBP or not.

Best Regards,

Bruce

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please also check note 1794614 - CRM ITSM EHP3 / EHP2 Downport - Notif Frw Switch BCS,
according to this note, to use CRM_ITSM_ALERTS, we need at least following support packages.

BBPCRM702SAPKU70206
BBPCRM712SAPKU71201
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Thanks a lot for your answer and still being with me . Actually I have tested with SAP_ALL which have all the authorizations you have mentioned. It didnt work .

The version I am using is :-

BBPCRM713SAPKU71306
bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalika,

I think you may debug at following two methods to see if we can find any clue.

1.CL_PMLED_MA_ELBROLES_CTXT

METHOD          / CREATE_BROLES

model = owner->create_model(

class_name     = 'CL_PMLED_MA_ELBROLES_CN00'

model_id       = 'BROLES' ).                          "#EC NOTEXT

broles ?= model.

* initial setting for depandant model node

coll_wrapper = mailform->get_collection_wrapper( ).

TRY.

entity ?= coll_wrapper->get_current( ).

CATCH cx_sy_move_cast_error.

ENDTRY.

broles->on_new_focus( focus_bo = entity ).

2.CL_BSP_CONTROLLER2============

METHOD          / CREATE_MODEL

Table           M_MODELS should contain following two entries.

1 mailform ->{O:7265*\CLASS=CL_PMLED_MA_ELBROLES_CN01} Standard Table[0x2(16)]
2 broles ->{O:7273*\CLASS=CL_PMLED_MA_ELBROLES_CN00} Standard Table[0x2(16)]

Best Regards,

Bruce