cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC NW 10.1 Standard IFRS Starter Kit Business Rules Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have built a SAP BPC 10.1 environment for a client using the standard SAP delivered IFRS Starter Kit for Legal Consolidations.

We have installed  the EPM 10.0 SP 21 P2 .NET4 as the front-end.

We are having issues regarding some of the Business Rules as described below and have been attempting to sift through the material online and understanding the basis of the built business rules to see if we've missed something in context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Currency Translation Rules

ID:

CLO (Balance Sheet at closing rate, and periodic average rate for movements)-

When I write a value into LC into a P/L account into a flow that is AVG type I would expect after running a conversion for lines 6-7 to write a value into F80...however I am seeing NO value written into the Currency Translation Adjustment (F80) flow?

I've ensured that I'm writing into INPUT Audit Trail, a month that has a valid FX for all Rate Types and etc.

HIST (Investments and Equity accounts follow historical conversion) -

When I write a value into an OPE source flow on an investment account, there is no value being written to E1560/F80 for Investment data input, instead it is being written into A1501 account for F80

When I write a value into an AVG source flow for a P/L account no value is being made to E1560

Again these entries are as of after running the Conversion.

Eliminations and Adjustments

ID:

DIVIDENDS (Dividends elimination) -

As per the destination audit entries should be posted to the DIVIDENDS audit trail after the consolidation is run, however it is remaining in the      INPUT trail, unsure as to why?

INVESTMENTS (Investments elimination) -

When writing values to the above flows did not see values eliminating, no values were written to the destination group account (either the      ELIMACC account or the E1610 account). Also the entries were being written into the the same INPUT audit trail and not the INVESTMENTS      audit trail after the consolidation is run.

If anyone has any help on any of the above noted issues I'm finding or perhaps I'm missing something please advise accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenny_chen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Jay

For the DIVIDENDS and INVESTMENTS issue, I have tested in my environment and it works. So there're 2 possible reason:

(1)Please check for ELIMINATION code property of ACCOUNT dimension, probably there's only 2 accounts: P2140 and A1810.

(2)For the elimination, please don't input the data on I_NONE, please assign an interco company.

Best Regards,

Kenny

kenny_chen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Jay

As before do consolidation, we'll do currency conversion first, let's first look at the Currency Translation Rules. For the CLO rule, you mentioned you don't see values for row 6-7. Are you sure row 5 rule works?

Best Regards,

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

As discussed after placing a value in an account with CLO rate type line 5 worked after running the conversion.

However, lines 6-7 have not/are not working.

Thanks.

kenny_chen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Jay

The quick answer is: if you check lines 6-7 together, you'll find actually the final value is 0. So there's no records generated.

For example, if you have original value 100, then line 6 will generate a record with value -100.

Line 7 will generate a record with value 100.

To test the logic, you should maintain the rate with different value for CLO and AVG.

Another tricky thing is before doing the conversion, you need to ensure flow F15 is always equals to 0. (F15 = F99 - All other flow)

Best Regards,

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

I'm not sure I agree.

When we were talking through this issue over the phone and I was sharing my screen I showed you how the CLO and AVG rates were different (I'm including the screenshot).

Given the above wouldn't line 6 attempt to write -(1.85/1.75)?

And wouldn't line 7 attempt to write (2/1.95)

Giving us a net value of -0.031501831508315 multiplied by the entry itself in the original account going into the same account under F80 (CTA)?

Also keep in mind to further test the rule, while we were on the phone we changed line 6 to remove the -1. And then rewrote an entry and no value was written after re-running the conversion.

I'm also confused about your last item where you stated F15 should be blank/clear/have no value?

The standard FLOW_CALC account based rule will put any balance sheet related account into F15 with a reverse value, therefore how could this flow be blank before running the conversion?

I've noticed, however, that when I remove line 2 of the above FLOW_CALC rule then I will see (what seems to be) the correct CTA value after re running the conversion and the F15 value being removed...but then that begs the question: These 2 rules are SAP standard delivered rules (which haven't had any modifications to them), why are they seemingly 'canceling" each other out?

Am I misunderstanding something on the above points? Thanks.

kenny_chen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Jay

For the test we have together, it may result from this reason:

(1)We create one data using flow F30, then for the calc rule there's another data with flow F15.

So in the database you should see these 2 values:

A1111   F30     10000     LC

A1111   F15     -10000     LC

Please notice F30 and F15 has the same attribute, so when we run the rules, the expected value should be

A1111     F30     10000     USD

A1111     F15     -10000     USD

A1111     F80     10000     USD

A1111     F80     -10000     USD

You can see row 3&4 sum to 0, so I guess the system doesn't generate these rows.

(2)F15 equals F99- other flows. So to continue with our test, you can input following records.

A1111   F30     10000     LC

A1111   F99     10000     LC

In this case we should expect F15=0. then we run the conversion. The F80 value should appear.

Best Regards,

Kenny