Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task deletion controlling in Notification

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can any one provide some input, how the task deletion to be managed Notification. Tried through Notification Status Profile (business rules) "Delete Task" is not found.

Earlier, what I remember, delete task option was available (through status profile - business rules), however recently could not be seen. My requirement is Task deletion to be disabled, not to be allowed.

Hope to get some update.

Thanks.

Sahu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

After adding additional object types in Notification Task status profile, could notice business rule "Delete Task" appeared. Added the business rule for the "Delete Task" as forbidden and tried for deletion of the Task and still it is allowing.

We have two different status Profiles (Header level and Task Level) and both are assigned to required Notification Type. Delete Task as business rule (with forbidden) only mapped in Task level Profile.

As still could delete the task in Notification, seems some settings are missing.

Hope to get some update on the same.

Sahu

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajaya,

There is no provision for this. There are 3 options seen to me option for technical solution.

1. Find suitable Implicit Enhancement point in program SAPLIQS0 to put a code which prevents the Task Deletion

2. Modify the Tasks screen Module pool program to make this icon invisible in your Notification type again through Implicit Enhancement.

3. Creative use of user-exit QQMA0014, using field symbols, to retrieve how many lines are there in Tasks table (QMSM) for this Notification, and how many lines are there now at the time of Saving the Notification and accordingly throwing an error message which stops Notification Saving.

Show this to your ABAPer. He might come with a solution for you.

Another option in standard, often people suggest in such situation is a Transaction variant  (for IW22) through SHD0, which might have some difficulties.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara for the details. In User exit QQMA0014 - The user may delete the existing task and add an additional task - System would not give any error if we check number of tasks while saving. Some other condition to be built.

Thanks

Sahu

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are very Right, I was just giving a logic. So you have to take the table records to one internal table, and present records to another. Then using Loop into and Read table syntax you can verify the changes in fields like KZLOESCH, MNCOD, MANUM etc.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

In SPRO, if we maintain same status profile (both profile same name at Notification Header and Task- while assigning in Notification), then task deletion is not allowing. I don't know what logic SAP has made.

Also, SHD0 is a good option with IW22 Transaction, but we can not control Notification Type there.

Regards,

Sahu