cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME Database Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are about to start implementing SAP ME 15.0 alongwith SAP MII 15.0 (for integration with ERP). We are using 3 servers, one for SAP NW/ME/MII , second for WIP Oracle database and third for ODS Oracle Database.

Can someone please suggest if we need to install database software only on WIP and ODS DB and database instance/schema creation  will be part of Configuration wizard tasks via NWA OR Do we need to manually create the database instance/schema for WIP and ODS. Also suggest which database users/schema needs to be created MANUALLY on WIP and ODS database. I have already checked ME 15.0 installation guide but do not have much clarity on this.

Regards

Joy Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Joy,

You have to cr ate Oracle Instances and schemas for WIP and ODS databases manually.

The CTC Wizard tasks of MECTC component will create tables inside of these schemas, create links & synonyms...

Please, keep in mind database recommendation as per SAP Note 1405260 - 'SAP ME Databases: Oracle Recommendations'.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander for quick response.

Yes, i have checked suggested SAP Note. Can we create any database user for WIP and ODS db with permisssions mentioned in NOTE? Is there any naming convention for schema or default settings of Oracle will be sufficient.

Please share any document, if any for manually created DB users and schema info.

Regards

Joy Garg

0 Kudos

Hi Joy!

If you have checked The Installation Guide and the Note indeed, I wonder why you haven't found the answers to your questions: you must have walked through those asnwers twice because section 3.1.2 of the Intallation Guide is just a copy of the Note.

The Guide says:

- page 10 "All configuration settings below must be done for WIP and ODS databases..."

- page 11 "Name begins with a nonnumeric character"

These instructions have passed through hundreds of customer's eyes, and no one complained about lack of clarity. So, please let me know what you have expected to see there to avoid your questions above. We'll do our best to improve the wording if needed.

The only temporary limitation is that you should not use $ or \ in passwords of SAP ME databases, as mentioned on page 20 of the Guide. This issue is in development for fixing now.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for the response.

I have gone through the points mentioned but just want to confirm from ME experts if SAP has some special recommendation for naming convention of tablespace to be assigned to WIP/ODS schema as in guide, it is mention to use user with "Name begins with a nonnumeric character" but do not have tablespaces assignment info. So just want to confirm if we can create any customized tablespace and assign WIP/ODS schema to it.

Regards

Joy Garg

0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer, Joy!

As you noticed, there is no recommendation on tablespace. So, it is up to you or your DBA. Some customers do use them, others do not.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy and Experts for your valuable suggestions and quick response.