Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Transport- Minor changes

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are on Nakisa SP 3.1 and done some changes to extend employee profile xml file( removed DOB field) and would like to know the best way to move the changes to production.  Can we replace the corresponding xml file directly in production server or do we need to deploy the changed build, please provide your inputs.

Thanks

Rag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rag.

"Best" is probably a matter of opinion and depends on your perspective.

Nakisa's best practice would no doubt be to apply the update via AdminConsole rather than a file copy. 

However the quickest way (and the way I would do it for just one file) would be a file copy.

Here's my suggestion.

1. Grab a copy of your XML file(s) - I assume you know what you need.
  2. Login to production AdminConsole.
  3. Do a save as on your build and give it a new name (I normally increment a version number for example).  This way you can always safely go back to your old build.
  4. Close AdminConsole.
  5. Access the server file system and locate the .delta folder structure for your new build (a windows server might be something like -
  6. [drive]:\usr\sap\[SID]\[Instance]\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\
  7. OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\.system\Admin_Config\
  8. __000__[new build name]\.delta\)
  9. Navigate to the sub-folder that needs to hold the XML creating it if required.
  10. Copy the XML file(s) in.
  11. Login to AdminConsole.
  12. Load your new build.
  13. Publish the build.

There are ways to do it involving exporting and importing via AdminConsole, but if you have file system access then I always find a direct file copy the quickest way.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Your inputs are always helpful.

Thanks

Rag

Answers (0)