Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Fields under Border Crossing in travel management through ESS

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using ECC 6.0 and EHP7.

We have requirement to enable fields under 'Border Crossing'  in travel management screen through ESS.

Though the fields under 'Border Crossing'  in the component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA are enabled but are not visible in portal.

I have checked the code in method 'WDDOMODIFYVIEW', could not find code for disabling the UI elements.

Do I need to do some configurations for enabling those fields in portal. Kindly suggest.

Santhoshi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

have you set the fields visible in TA FITVFELD_WEB for the respective schema?

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. To see through the UI manipulation in the standard coding is indeed not that trivial, though WDDOMODIFYVIEW wasn't the wrong place to look at. The values from FITVFELD_WEB are at some point processed via method cl_fitv_wd_util=>ui_apply_field_control. The polling of the values itself is done a bit earlier still and is quite strongly nested and unclear.

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Lukas,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked enabling all the fields in available schemas in FITVFELD_WEB but could not make fields visible in portal which are present under 'Border Crossing'  in the component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA .

Kindly help me out to achieve this.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

your screenshot doesn't make any sense, because it only shows the entry screen of FITVFELD_WEB. Please check whether you have made the respective fields within your overseas trip schema (02) actually visible. A screenshot of that matter would be helpful to see whether you understand what I mean.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Please find below the screen-shot of Overseas Trip scheme.

Could you please help me out in enabling the fields.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhoshi,

you need to navigate into each of the respective fields you want to make visible and set them visible.

I feel you don't understand yet the relation between FITVFELD_WEB and the WebDynpros, so I'll try to elaborate in an example for one of the fields with a screenshot:

The difficulty with FITVFELD_WEB is, that the fieldnames do not match the context attribute names in the webdynpro, so you either have to know, which fields relate to which or you have to rely on the field description.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I made the settings you showed in the screen-shot still no luck.

Do I need to make any additional settings.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks inadvance.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

no, this is all you have to do. If it still doesn't work you are either doing something wrong while testing or something else in your system is messed up (could be anything). Or it's some standard bug in EHP7 I'm not aware of, you could still check for standard corrections with TA ANST.

Are you maybe testing on a different client than the one you are doing your customizations on?

Cheers, Lukas

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.

Now we are able to control the visibility of fields under 'Border Crossing' in portal but they are visible in  the portal page of 'Create expense report' by making changes as you suggested under schema 'Overseas Trip'.

Our requirement is to make the fields under 'Border Crossing' heading to be displayed in the portal page of 'create travel request'  screen.

Please let us know is it possible.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

in standard, having these fields available in the travel request is not designated. The only way to achieve your requirement would be going for an enhancement and manipulate the visibility via dynamic programming but I would not recommend doing this. The reason for this recommendation is, that meddling with the field control can have impact on the flow of the underlying business logic and this is something you do not want.

Cheers, Lukas