cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana in a non-SAP environnement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that SAP Hana needed an SAP environnement to run. But i've noticed too that applications can be developed by Eclipse which is not an SAP feature. Can you please tell me how far you need a full SAP environnement to run SAP Hana properly?

Is that possible to connect directly a non-SAP application to Hana?

Is a connector software (like Informatica) required?

ps- When I think about SAP applications, I think also about SAP partners.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use HANA outside of ECC environment. HANA has ODBC, JDBC drivers. It also has node.js drivers available.

What kind of application did you have in mind ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I actually want to know how far you must have an SAP environnement to run SAP Hana. Is that just for the system itself? or are there some restrictions concerning any kink of application/API you can run with Hana?

For instance, I want to use a BI application that is not SAP nor SAP partner, can I use it directly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said before, you can use ODBC and JDBC to connect to HANA. So as long as your third party BI application can use either of those, you should be fine.

I am not sure what you mean by an "SAP environment". If you mean ECC or SAP Business Suite and NetWeaver, then no none of them  are not required for building applications on HANA.

You can write applications for HANA that is a standalone system i.e. HANA has the database and an application server built in. Depends on what you are trying to do with of course.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please answer his question?