SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceeded error while doing GRN

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are following former budgeting.We donot have carry forward of budget.In the year 2015 we have porvided revenue budget for some consumption item for Rs.10lacs.out of which only Rs.2lacs is spent.so the budget available is Rs.8lacs.Now when i created a PO for Rs.20000 and doing GRN for the same it is showing budget is exceeded.When we analysed the issue it is found that there is a commitment budget for Rs.13lacs pertaining to the FY-2013 which is a PR created but no PO or GRN is done for that subsequently.It is laying like that in the system.

We are not able to understand why the system is considering this budget committed for PR in the FY-2013 while we are doing a new transaction in the year 2015.Is this the reason system is not allowing to do GRN for the year 2015 or any other issue is there.

Please advice.

Regards,

Shivaji

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have tested the scenario.the previous year commitment will not consume the current year budget. it our case it was a wrong commitment item given in the PO due to which the the GRN was not happeening.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, may be you use Overall budget instead of annual?

Also did you check posting date in FM document for PR?

0 Kudos

Hi aleksey,

I have checked with the budget profile in which the Annual value and period value is selected.

can u pl. tell me how to check the FM document for a PO/PR created so that posting date of that FM document can be checked.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Hi,

in me53n open this logistic document, then go via menu Environment-AC commitment document and check posting date.

Also it could be because Commitment was carry forwarded

0 Kudos

Hi aleksey,

Thank u for your reply.I have checked the posting date is in the FY-2013 only.Also as u said rightly in our configuration for year closing the commitment carry forward is selected.so it may be because of that.

Now if it is because of that what to suggest to the  client.how to proceed further to post the current year GRN entries.so much of GRN are pending to be posted because of this.please advice.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you going to post GR\IR for this PR then you should to proceed as always when you have not enough budget (e.g supplement budget or exclude this account assignment from AVC)

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have tested the scenario.the previous year commitment will not consume the current year budget. it our case it was a wrong commitment item given in the PO due to which the the GRN was not happeening.