cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Migration issues from Crystal Report Xi to Crystal Report 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to migrate from crystal Report XI , Dot net framework 2.0 , Crystal Report server XI to Crystal Report 2013 , Dot net Framework 4.5 , Crystal Report 2013 server.

Now I Installed Crystal Report 2013 , Dot net Framework 4.5 , Crystal Report version for Microsoft Visual studio on my desktop windows 7 . Now i am getting issue , i am not able find out CrystalDecision.Enterprise.dll (for infostore class, infoobject class) , CrystalDecision.Enterprise.desktop.dll , to integrate and create enterprise session with crystal Report Server 2013 which will be installed in (separate machine) windows 2012 server . These dll's are used in old version application.

Can you please tell me , anything i missed to install , if so can you please tell me what i have to install.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The new Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SDK (version 13.x assemblies) will NOT connect to Crystal Reports Server (CRS)!  It is meant solely for running Crystal Reports that are not part of one of the BI Platform production (e.g., not BO or CRS).  So, you'll need to uninstall that.

Instead, you'll need the BI Platform SDK (version 14.x assemblies) that is installed with the CRS Client Tools install that is available from the Service Marketplace.  This will allow you to connect to CRS.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,    

Thanks for immediate response and solutions.and can you confirm once whether it is 14.x version or 4.x version , since am not able to find out BI Platform sdk 14.x

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The software version you'll need to download is 4.1 - use the same service pack as your server.  The assemblies that are installed will be version 14.x.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Can you confirm me whether its licensed version or free version , if its licensed version whether can we get trail version for initial testing.how can we approach it for.since my admins struggling to get it.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be a trial version available for the Client Tools along with the trial version for the server.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I am having Crystal Report server 2013 trail version , but i cant find the BI Platform SDK 4.1 for dot net in that set up file.Can you suggest me how to get this tool to integrate with crystal server.whether  BI Platform SDK 4.1 tool ,i can get it from anywhere. if so whether it is free version tool or licensed version tool.If it is licensed version , can i get the trail version.can you help me.i am struggling to make this setup.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You specifically need the "Client Tools" install that should be available with the Crystal Reports Server server install, although it may be a part of the BI Platform trial installs (the two systems use the same client tools).  I'm not absolutely certain where you would download that as a trial.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should i install crystal report server package in my client machine (windows 7) also.or i should find out the mentioned sdk alone and install?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the server software will install on a non-server Windows OS.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then can you help me how to get the client tool alone from Crystal server setup to install in my client machine.Is there any sub folder will be there.if so can you tell me what is the folder name.will it be installed if i install the sub folder alone. if any alternate also please guide me.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a separate download.  Without an S number and access to the full downloads, I'm not absolutely certain where to get it.  Perhaps either or will know.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Can you escalate to them if possible or guide me how get contact them.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tagging them like I did is the only way I know of to push it to them - I am not an SAP employee and they are.

-Dell

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Dell mentioned - without an S number you cannot. E.g.; someone in your org will have access to the SAP Service Market Place and they can download from there. If you are not sure how, please create an phone incident. If you are not sure how to create a phone incident, contact your admin or SAP rep.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell / Ludek ,

I will be very thankful for your valuable reply and good direction.Now i got the SDK package and installed in my machine.Now i am facing another issue , I am not able to locate the assembly file CrystalDecision.Enterprise.Report in this sdk package , but i refered this contain classes in my migration project , Can you please suggest how to resolve this issue to refer the Report assembly classes.

Another issue : when i installed the sdk packages , its installing 32 bit assembly files but not 64 bit installed. but i need 64 bit assembly files.please guide me for this issue also

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically this is another query and should have been posted as a new Discussion. But technicalities aside , see the following KBA:

1547065 - CRVS2010 is missing BusinessObjects.Enterprise.* assemblies

- Ludek

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Ludek mentions, for some reason the CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Report.dll file is one folder above the rest of the SDK and for some reason it doesn't get registered in the GAC.  I usually reference it by going to the folder and selecting it instead of going through the list of .NET assemblies.

-Dell

Answers (0)