cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PCo15 SP05 fails to install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Has anyone installed the latest version of PCo yet?

I just tried upgrading from PCo 15 SP03 to the recently released SP05 but got the following error:

Which was strange as all my agent instances were stopped and the management console was closed. I tried uninstalling SP03 but still got he same error !

I then reinstalled SP03 - no error message, then tried SP04 Patch 4 (the latest version before SP05) and it installed without error over the top of SP03, and finally I tried SP05 again and got the same error.

Is there a bug in the installer? Or is there something I'm missing or need to check?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is the management host service still  running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Williamson,

Can you please let me know what is the use of management host service?

I have seen my PCo agents running with out problem even SAP management host service is stopped.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

As far as Im aware the management host was/is not running (what is it called and I can check?). I also uninstalled SP03 which should have removed the management host as well and still got the error. In addition the SP04 patch 4 installer doesn't think its running it only the SP05 installer that thinks there is a problem

Thanks

Kevin

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If it is still running then the pco webservices will still be accessible via http://server:port/PComanagement?WSDL

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It does sound like a bug then

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked that the management host had been restarted when I installed SP04 patch 4 and when I go to the management host URL I can see it is alive. I then stopped it in the management console and confirmed that it had stopped using the URL again. I had no agent instances running and closed the management console and I still get the same error with SP05. Even tried rebooting the server and still the same.

Thanks

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to complete this thread with a solution.

Looks like it was a bug, SP5 patch 3 fixes the issue, see sap note  2206550.

Thanks all