cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Persona 3.0 Connectivity Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We just upgraded the Screen Persona to Version 3.0.

In Old version provide use a dashboard at the main screen and by clicking on it it takes us to the backend server to create flavour. When I open the Perosna from SICF service Personas it takes me directly to the Persoana server. I am confused how can I connect to backend server to create flavour. Please advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personas 3 runs directly in each system - there is no "hub" concept as in Personas 2. You have to connect to each system separately to create flavours there.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it mean that I need to install Personas 3.0 add-on on each and every ERP Back-end system ?

If not, how can I connect directly to Each system using on Persona Server ?

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the Personas 3 add-in needs to be installed in each system in which you want to use Personas.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the guide SAP Screen Personas 3.0 requires SAP NetWeaver Basis 7.40 and kernel release 7.42 or above. My Backend servers are ERP EHP5 how can I install it.

On Personas 2.0, I installed a separate server with netweaver 7.40 and connected to other ERP backend systems.

Please advise I am not able to understand how can I install Add-on to ERP EHP5 ?

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't, I'm afraid. Personas 3 does not work in an EHP5 system. You'll have to stick with Personas 2 until your backend systems are upgraded.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. It was really helpful

As mentioned in the Note  2175479 - SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP01 : Released Notes Information, the minimum required  SAP Kernel is 7.42 but when I check the PAM for screen Persona its showing EHP3 for Netweaver 7.0.

My release is EHP5 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 and the kernel is 721.

Will SAP Screen Persona 3.0 will work if I update just the Kernel to 7.42.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid you also need NetWeaver 7.40 on the backend system. ERP6 EHP5 is NetWeaver 7.02 and I don't believe there's a way to upgrade just the NetWeaver release. You really do need EHP7 for Personas 3.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steve,

Please clarify one doubt.

1. Can personas be installed in a separate box - other than ECC and then be used for the ECC system by connecting the same.

2. Is it mandatory to install SAP Screen personas on the same box as ECC for personas to work.

We have ECC 6 but on NW 731 - Is it possible to install personas on separate box of NW 7.4 and start consuming connecting to ECC insread of upgrading ECC box to NW 7.4.

Siva kumar

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm not Steve...but:

1. Not with Personas 3.0 - only Personas 2.0 can do that

2. As a consequence of #1, in Personas 3.0, the answer is yes. With Personas 2.0, no - you can have it installed in a separate, so-called "main system" and connect it to other systems, but this is not the recommended way.

In case you want to use Personas 3.0 in a system that's on NW 731, you may be interested in this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Tamas,

Thanks for the Reply.

Our current landscape as below:

SAP Netweaver ABAP 7.31 SP14.

SAP ECC 606 SP 14.

SAP Kernel 722_EXT_REL - Patch:18.

SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP2

As per the suggested link there is a possibility of running after SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP2 in a separate box.  Please suggest if you are already aware of the process and any suggested links.

Mean time We are also writing to SAP for the help!.

Regards

Siva kumar

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link Tamas posted is not about running Personas 3 in a separate "hub" system. That's not possible with Personas 3. That link is about running Personas 3 in NetWeaver releases older than the currently required 7.40. That beta program does specifically support your environment, so if you are interested, follow the instructions to apply.

But to be clear this will allow Personas 3 to be installed in your ERP systems, it does not allow the building of a Personas "hub" system. That is not possible. And while I don't work for SAP and can't speak for them, I don't believe such an arrangement will ever be supported. It doesn't fit with the technical architecture of Personas 3.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

We have sent an email to sapscreenpersonas@sap.com.

As we see there is a possibility of running the SAP Screen personas 3.0 as of Netweaver 7.31.

Thanks for the information provided by You and Mr. Tamas.

Waiting for reply from SAP.

Regards

Siva kumar

Answers (0)