cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do BW Source System upgrade to EH7 in QA / PROD system

glenn_quinn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Right now we are upgrading the ECC (701) system to EH7 (740).

We do have to test extraction for each system (DEV, QA, and PROD), and right now we are on DEV and we are about to do QA next week.

After source system get upgraded, first thing I do is check source system in BW.   It give me message saying that the source system need to be reactivated.    The message is like this "The replicated system information (table RSBASIDOC) indicates that system has basis release 700. However the system has BASIS release 740"   I went ahead and reactivated the source system.   While it been activating, it ask me to create transports for datasource (all datasource for the ECC source system) and DTP.    When it done, we did the test, and so far no issue found.

My question is here how to handle it for QA and PROD system?   Do I have to same thing for DEV then release the transport to QA or what... I mean (1) release transport then activate source system or (2) activate source system then release transport?   This scenario is new to us and we are not sure how to proceed.

I do have a backup plan by using ABAP program to reactivate datasource and DTP if needed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion the transport request for all ECC DataSources is not useful and I suggest to ignore it (i.e. do not release the transport at all, just delete it after a while).

The action of reactivating the ECC Source System should be repeated in the QA and Production BW systems. You might have to open the system and probably it will again ask for a transport request. I don't expect a different behavior in those systems. Also then, ignore the transport request.

If necessary you can use the program for reactivating DataSources and DTPs. I wonder if you have to use it since in BW Development you did not have to use it. Let's consider it as a backup procedure.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (0)