cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Viewer Control failing to render on initial load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a wrapper of your Report Viewer Control and am running into an issue when adding the control on the pages initial load. I've pasted the settings of the control below. I've used the community network to resolve a couple issues i had with the bobj file, but at this point am at a loss as to why the control can be added on postback, but not on the first load of the page.

The only error i've received is the following. This error leads to crv.js not able to find some __CRYSTALSTATE object, but that is code I do not control. Also this error is raised when adding the controller on postback and the report renders. So very confused and looking for any help on different things to try or look for as I've spent a couple weeks on this with little progress.

Runtime error

Code of controller (happens in page load)

ReportSource = _reportDocument;

EnableViewState = false;

_reportDocument.Load(_inputReportPath);

ReportSource = _reportDocument;

BestFitPage = true;

Enabled = true;

AutoDataBind = true;

Font.Names = new[] { "Verdana" };

Font.Size = new FontUnit("8pt");

ToolPanelView = ToolPanelViewType.None;

HasGotoPageButton = false;

HasCrystalLogo = false;

HasDrillUpButton = false;

HasDrilldownTabs = false;

HasExportButton = false;

HasPrintButton = false;

HasPageNavigationButtons = false;

HasRefreshButton = false;

HasSearchButton = false;

HasToggleGroupTreeButton = false;

HasZoomFactorList = false;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Need details about what SDK and version you are using? And not the assembly version, we need to actual dll version. Programs and Features should list the version.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

CrystalDecisions.Web 13.0.2000.0

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine 13.0.2000.0

CRforVS_13_0_14.exe

Those are the dll versions and the latest SDK I installed. I believe that is the latest sdk.

Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos

No, those are the assembly versions, they never change, but SP 14 does tell me you are using version 13.0.14.1720.

Don't know why it fails on Page_load. We are following the Standards now so you should be loading the Viewer in the Page_Init section.

See if that works.

Don