cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM Install - Unable to find SERVERPATH in lsserver.ini

0 Kudos

Please see attached, screen shot for the error message we are getting when we try to run the Application Server Administrator (PASAdmin.exe) after completing the install.

The error message indicates that the SERVERPATH in lsserver.ini cannot be found and yet it is in the .ini file (also included in the snapshot).

There were no errors during the installation.  We have also reinstalled a number of times.  All post install steps and installation guide details have been followed to the letter.

This is obviously a very frustrating error since it's got us stopped in our tracks. HELP!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pedro,

From your error message I can see that the server path line is missing from the lsserver.ini file. Please check it. Caottapp01 is the server name? you can keep it as local if you are installing the PAS on the Windows Server.

you mentioned updating the PAS. Have you removed the lsserver.ini file from the installation dir of PAS before upgrading it. If you have followed the upgrade process you will not have the port issues. Hope this helps you.

For your reference I am pasting the lsserver.ini file

[Windows]
DEFAULTMEMORY=1200000
DBHOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\HOME
PAGEDB=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\HOME\PAGEDB
MASTERDB=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\MASTERDB
LOCKFILE=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\LSSLOCK
JUICE=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\JUICE.ENG
TBDB=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\TBDB.ENG
APLIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\APLIB
LIBDB=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\APLIB
CGLIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\CGLIB
SMREPORT=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\SMREPORT
INITIAL=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA\INITIAL
DBPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\InternetPub\Procs;C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\HOME;C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\DATA
LOGS=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer\LOGS
Version=940

[Server]
SERVERPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Strategy Management\ApplicationServer

[localhost]
tcp_protocol=winsock
username=pipadmin
password=?
PROTOCOL=TCP
SERVICE=PILOT
CURSOR=LSSCMPTR

Thanking you

Regards

Mrudul.

0 Kudos

Solution was to install SP09 (see below).  The error then disappeared.

xSSMSrv09_0-10012679.exe SP09 for SAP STR. MGM. APP. SER. 10.1

We are now getting port issue 8325 when trying to assign models.  Any ideas???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hopefully you have it all sorted by now, but thought i'd reply in any case, for future use.

I was not aware that this would cause a problem, but there seems to be a section missing in your original lsserver.ini:

[Server]

SERVERPATH=C:\PROGRA~1\PILOTD~1

(or wherever your PAS DB / SAP SSM installatiojn resides)

I presume iIt's a reminiscent from the old Client/Server times, where each client would have a local lsserver.ini (and local client software, plus ability to connect to a Server)

The second one, if i recall it correctly, it's the TCP/IP port nr, through which the SAP listener communicates with the calls from the "clients", in this case it probably means from the SSM installation itself. Make sure the server's port number is open, or specify a different prot number that allows for traffic.

Hope this helps,

BR

Hans Jacobson

0 Kudos

Hans, thank you for your response.  We managed to get through all the previous install issues but there is still a problem that is preventing us from moving forward.  I suspect it is a missing configuration artefact and hopefully something easily corrected.

We are going into Cube Builder and getting an error message when creating a new model and hitting the BUILD PAS Model.  The message is: Cannot create model; check status of the CBDEFAULT Model Connection.  We have checked everything and cannot seem to figure out what the issue is here.

Can you please help or connect us with someone that can push this across the finish line? Getting this to work to demo to the customer is (obviously) key to getting them to buy into the SSM approach.

Thank you - Pedro (416-452-9417) - I can be reached at any time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

first of all, i am a consultant, and have no connections within SAP.

Have you tried the model connection in "Administration" / "Manage Models" and it's working there?

You have a "CBADMIN" user in application server, with correct permissions?

Can you log in to the ApplicationServer, and issue a "USE INITIAL"? (This checks that the AS has a model called INITIAL, and that it is accessible)

I don't have the SW installed anywhere near me, so this is only from the top of my head...

/Hans