cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Extended Employee Profile on Listing and View in

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I already remove extended employee profile on the orgchart view, but when I try to click view in or try to search on listing, the bar still display.

Did any place that I should comment or I should config, for makes the bar not view again.

Our company using Nakisa Org.Chart Live 4.0

Need Advice

Thanks Before

Regards,

Azebua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azebua.

If I understand you correctly, what you mean is that even though you have commented out some XML, relating to the extended employee profile, the extended employee profile section is still appearing in the position and employee details panels and profile windows.

If it is this section, then I think you will need to take a look at some XSL -> Templates_SAP\employeedetails.xsl and the corresponding employemoredetails.xsl.  Search for "<xsl:variable name="sectionName">[Lang

ExtendedEmployeeProfile]</xsl:variable>" and then from that you should be able to work out an equivalent section to comment out to disable the section.

Even with no content, the section panel will still display until it is more forcefully excluded.

If the above is not in fact what you're asking about, can you explain what the "bar" is?  The only instances of "bar" I can think of in OrgChart are the bar charts and the colour bar on the views and the top of the details panels/profile windows.  A screen shot of the user interface with what you want to get rid of highlighted would be useful in explaining it.

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I want to remove the extended employee profile or if it possible no detail show on it, just org structure

Regards,

Azebua

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azebua.

I wouldn't recommend trying to disable the details panels entirely - they're very useful and linked to from a number of places (chart views (HTML & Flash/Flex), Quick Search, Directory Listings).  If there are details showing in the views then it should not be unreasonable as a minimum to have those displaying in the details panels & profile windows.

The previous information I posted should enable you to hide/disable the extended employee profile section in the details panel (what you've boxed in red above).  Did you try it?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I just try your previous information, but information inside the extended employee profile still appear....

is it because of the naming on presentationresouces.xml not match???

Best Regards

Azebua

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I made the change described for a client 2-3 weeks ago on OrgChart version 4.0 and it worked fine, so I'm really not sure why it wouldn't be working for you.  The two XSL files control the layout on the screen (one for details panel and one for profile window) for the extended employee profile section, so if you comment out the XSL used to generate the section it simply shouldn't be produced.

Can you double check that the modified XSL is being published correctly?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

This is the employeedetailxsl

Should I disable on employeemoredetailxsl too?

Result :

Regards,

Azebua

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Azebua.

It doesn't make any sense to me at the moment why this would still be showing - I'm obviously missing something.

1. Have you verified the XSL change to employeedetailxsl.xsl has been published at the root level?
  2. What is the file path from the "root" directory to the employeedetailxsl.xsl file where you are making the XSL change?

The employeedetailsxsl.xsl relates to the details panel and the employeemoredetailxsl.xsl to the profile window.  So in theory yes you should change it ... but currently if the other change is not taking effect there's no benefit in applying that change (yet?)

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

I think I got the problem... it's because when I changed the file and save, the file changes to XML file... and I don't realized that....

Now I already changed to XSL file, and send to basis...

hopefully it's solve

Regards,

Azebua

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

As your recommend, I put comment on employeedetailsxsl and save as file xsl

this file is stored at ___000___JJEY07\Root\Templates_SAP

After that, I try to logon on admin, save and published it....

and then the extended employee profile still appear... do you think I still miss something on it? or did I put it on the wrong folder?

Best Regards,

Azebua

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Azebua.

From what you wrote it does look like you out it in the wrong folder.  You should put changes in the .delta folder structure underneath the build, not directly into the base level of the build.

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Should I create folder Template_SAP inside .delta folder? or just put it inside .delta folder without creating any folder again on .delta??

Regards,

Azebua

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azebua.

Sorry, given that you'd already amended some XML I had thought you must have known about the file structure.

You need to maintain the folder structure inside of the .delta folder.  You will need to create a Templates_SAP folder (not Template_SAP).  However, I've personally had some issues with some of the template folders when publishing files within them when the folder is placed them directly in the .delta.  I've been putting them in the root folder instead and that seems to work for me.

So you can try either (but not both) of the following:

• .../.delta/root/Templates_SAP/{file}
  • .../.delta/Templates_SAP/{file}

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you have any luck with this?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yeah.......

I got the problem....and It's solve now....

Thanks Stephen......=)

Regards,

Azebua

Answers (0)