Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kerberos and X.509 for SSO

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set up our systems to use X.509 certificates for SSO. The certificates are issued by our enterprise PKI. There is no SLS installed. I came across the Kerberos authentication setup videos and tried that on one system and it worked.

If I create the SNC pse with the same name as the SPN, would I be able to logon via x.509 certificate and Kerberos at the same time, depending on the SNC Name in SU01? Or do I have to decide for one or the other authentication process?

Regarding Web Access: I would have to maintain SPNEGO for Kerberos authentification and EXTID_DN for certificate based logon. Am I right?

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSO - Kerbrros

Single Sign-On with KerberosLink  and Single Sign-On for SAP GUI for Windows with Kerberos integrationLink2

SSO - X.509

Setup SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On with X.509 CertificatesLink

Hope this is helpful

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for you input. I was looking for information if it is possible to use Kerberos and X.509 at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use both at the same time if the user SNC Names (su01) for X509 and Kerberos are the same or if you configure 2 kind of users with different SNC Name, one for Kerbeos and the other one for X.509.

KR

Valerie

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. That was the confirmation I was looking for.

KR

Andreas

Answers (0)