SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to configure the estimation delay?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business requirement is:

If my schedule date is 01.01.2000,

if no meter reading result arrive in 10 days, means on the 10th january,  the order should be estimated

How could I configure this estimation delay, is it a field or (several fields) in MR unit ?

Thank you for your help

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

EL18 is mass activity that does estimation of MR results which we run every day in the night before billing.  You can set up this mass activity in such a way it looks ups scheduled meter read dates 10 days in the past and it will estimate the reads for those orders.

0 Kudos

Hi Yuvaraj

Ok i think that you meant the date as follows ? no?

But every night, how this date could change according to the systeme date without any specific development ?

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos

While scheduling the batch job, you can create variant to meet this requirement. For example select date like current date - 10 in variant and it will meet your requirement.

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Which variante do you mean here? in which transaction?

In the program RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER or EL18?

Could you help me with some more details please?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Use the t.code S_KK4_74002223 which is used set up all mass activities that run in the nightly batch. look for mass activity MSCH and then click on general controls, you would find the event R465 (FQEVENTS) which can be customized to change the scheduled meter reading date 10 days in the past every day when this job is executed.

0 Kudos

Step 1. Create variant in EL18 & save

Important thing is -                Date ID  = system date & Schedule meter reading date = date ID - 10 days .

Step 2. Execute TCODE “fpscheduler”

Put Mass activity as “MSCH” (It depends what activity you are performing)

Date ID & Identification you save in EL18 screen. (F4 and select)

Step 3 : Save this variant

Step 4 : Create Batch Job (TOCDE SM36) for above TCODE “fpscheduler” having program name as “RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER”

Execute SM36 & create Job I prefer using “Job wizard” button.

Click on “Job Wizard” button

Click Continue

Give Job name (Any name you can put)  & click Continue

Click continue

Give program name as “RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER”  & select the variant  (F4) you saved .

If any depend program is their then put otherwise Click continue

and based on the requirement (date & time ) you can schedule the job .

So daily it will run & estimate having

Schedule meter reading date = system date – 10

You can put restriction to run or not over the weekends or holidays but since we are running for system date – 10 days so I will say to run for all the days because if no schedule MR date is there it will run & finish in seconds.

Click on complete & check your job with Correct date  date & time in SM37 now When this job will execute at the same time it will generate child job for next day and this activity will continue.

I think this will resolve your query

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Thanks!

I will try that to test !

0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, that means we should do some add-on (specific) developement.

Are there any other solution besides this?

Thanks for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Strongy,

Have a look into this enhancement EDMLADUE. It should work for you.

Customization Entry in Utilities.

SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Basic Settings -> Define Automatic Monitoring of Meter Reading Data

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com