cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Attachment Upload to Shipment Create / change transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement to upload attachments to shipment document in our business process. We use document management system for maintaining attachments. Since screen for object VTTK is not made available in standard SAP system, we created a custom screen in function group CV130 as explained in help.sap.com. With new document type and standard SAP configuration, I am able to upload attachments to shipment document via CV01N.

I understand from recent SAP notes release, an attachment can be directly uploaded to DMS content server from application screen rather than doing it via document info record transaction. This would be very easy to use for end users, so I am trying to implement steps for enabling the function. Below listed SAP notes are implemented in the system already. However I don't see icon or interface for uploading attachments from shipment create / change transaction. If you have implemented similar solution for your business requirement, can you share it with me please? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Prabhaharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhaharan,

based on your description I would like to ask if you want to have this "EasyUpload" function from DMS transaction side (e.g. CV01N, CV02N) or from object side?

To succesfully activate this functionality you have to activate the related BADI implementation. This can be done in transaction SPRO at

Cross-Application Components

>> Document Management

>> General Data

>> Business Add-Ins (BAdIs)

>> BAdI: Enhancements for Easy Document Upload

At this customizing entry please read also the documentation by choosing the related icon.

However if you want to have an easy way on the object side where users only have to choose a file and the storage category then you can also change the customizing for the related object type in transaction DC10 at "Define object links" for a specific document type.

If you go to "Define object links" and double click on the object you will get to the details view. Here you find the field "Create Document" where you can choose between

1 - Create simple document

2 - Use transaction to create document

With using the "simple" method you should also get a quite similar behavior on object side.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your response.

we would like to enable easy upload option directly from object itself.

I have already implemented the BADI suggested by you in addition to below configuration changes.

1. Based on one of the OSS notes listed in my original request, updated "Control for calling object link" field with value "1" for shipment object "VTTK" under config. node - Cross application components - document management - control data - maintain screen for object link.

2. Create document field under "Define object links" is updated with value 1.

Still I don't see an option to upload attachments directly to application document.

Regards,

Prabhaharan Ayyappan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

could you please share a screenshot here that shows the document area on shipment side?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excuse me for delayed response.

Not sure if I understand your request correctly. I assume you want to check GOS attachment area for shipment. Please correct me if my understanding of your request is incorrect. I don't see any other ikon or interface for uploading attachment within application screen.

Please see attachment.

Regards,

Prabhaharan Ayyappan