cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Input at Nodel level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to input the data at Hierarchy Node level through IP query?

We have the Hierarchy in BW where the node levels have the rolled up values from the leaf/child nodes. So, using this hierarchy in Input query,  can we have ability for user to input the plan data at node levels?

Fyi, The planning related  options of the hierarchy in the Bex query are DISABLED.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, this is possible.

there are more threads here in SCN about this topic.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I could not find any that talked about the solution instead most of them were referring to the Note that says will be supported in future but we are already on 7.31 SP11 so I thought it should already be supported.

Please send me the thread links.

Tank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

in the previous answer Cornelia is talking about disaggregation, you have found one setting in the Query Designer not supported on the server that is a very special case of disaggregation (special handling of posted hierarchy nodes and the corresponding leaf value that carries the 'rest value').

So you can use disaggregation (setting of structure elements) and enter values on hierarchy nodes, total and sub totals: these values will then be disaggregated to the level that is determined by the aggregation level used in the cell.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Below is the warning message I receive when I updated the key figure setting as below.

Combination Check: Characteristic Value (leaf ) for Hierarchy Char does not exist.(RSPLS_CR_009)

Please advise .

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

the message comes from master data checks at run time of a query or planning function; this has nothing to do with the disaggregation setting. Check the master data values for the characteristic mentioned in the message RSPLS_CR009 and check also the hierarchy. You may use RSRV to do the consistency checks for this characteristic.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gregor.

I will do that.

Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm able to input at node level by using the disaggregate (under planning on totals) option on the Key Figures.

Thank you for your help on this.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then please mark the question as answered

Answers (0)