cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search connector missing for MDG material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

This is Arup and I have moved into MDG recently . Few days back I got an issue in NWBC transaction while searching materials . This was working properly before .

Below is the screenshot . Please guide me to solve this issue . To my knowledge the system is in REUSE mode .

Awaiting for reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup,

The error you are facing is due to the missing connectors while TREX is configured, the connectors get deleted if the system is upgraded or refreshed.

Pls. find the details steps in order to configure TREX.

1. Go to T-Code: ESH_COCKPIT

2. To create a connector-

Creation of a connector is required for the first time, after any client copy or either any system refresh activity is performed.

2.1. First make sure that  the status under the Search Object Connectors is set to NEW(0).

NEW(0) -> No connector is available.

2.2. Click on create to create a new connector , a pop up window will be displayed.

Provide the software component: MDG TREX configuration and click on 'Partner template for               MDG'.

Click on find and provide the search term: Business Partner template for MDG .

ex: MDG_BUSINESS_PARTNER

Now click on Create Connector to create the connector, and now the connector is prepared               and the status is now updated to All(1), NEW(1).

2.3. Now click on Actions and select 'Schedule Indexing' and then check the check boxes for both             the entries under Real time-Indexing and Start Immediately and click on OK.

Now. the status of  the connector will be set to Indexing.

2.4.Click on System settings-> Control Real Time Indexing -> click on Start., before performing this           you need to select the logical system. and then click on START.

Now click on ok. Background processing for real time indexing is started, and the current status           of the connector will be set to Indexing

3. Real time indexing will be active after the background job is finished and then the status will be set to ACTIVE for the connector, and your issue will be fixed.

Hope it resolves your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Reshma S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reshma ..Let me follow the steps..will get back..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup,

Sure, let me know if you require any help or the steps provided resolved your issue.

Thanks,

Reshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma , Hope you are doing good , I followed your steps but got stuck with this . After clicking schedule indexing the status is "Prepared"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma

After schedule indexing the status has changed to Prepared . Its not SET TO INDEXING . Please refer the screenshot and reply asap. Thanks in advance.d

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the Scheduling of jobs is complete, status will change to "Active".

Transaction Code: ESH_TEST_SEARCH can be executed to verify the Indexing.

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you click on 'Schedule indexing' Have you chosen:

• Start Immediately
  • Real Time indexing
  • Selected all items in table
  • Copy Settings
  • Ok

It should then index the objects in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup

There is pre-requisities for TREX server

Please refer and activate search connectors as mention in below

Set Up Search - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay..I am going through the link