cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable multiple dialog user logins to RF SCANNER

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have requirement where we need to disable multiple dialog user logins to RF SCANNER and allow Service users to be able to login multiple times.

We tested this login/disable_multi_gui_login parameter and it’s working when logging in from GUI but it’s allowing multi login if we login to RF Scanner (ITS SERVICE).

please can you advice whether it is possible.

thanks,
Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

Parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login is only valid for SAPGUI for Windows.

For ITSmobile, please read SAP note:

1074234 - ITSmobile, check for multiple logon

Regards,

Cris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

After you have set the login/disable_multi_gui_login parameter, you will need to check the following:

1. To make sure logon is possible only via http fields: In SICF, for your service, goto 'Logon Data' -> If you have your Logon Procedure as 'Alternative', then, under 'Logon Procedure List', make sure you have only 1 procedure mentioned, ie, 'Logon Through HTTP Fields'.

2. Under 'Error Pages' tab -> System Logon -> Configuration -> uncheck the 'Check for Multiple Logon'.

Let me know.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha,

Thank you for the reply.

Point 1 is already done but point 2 we have selected check for mulitple logon. should we uncheck it?

ideally our requirement is multiple login only for service users for ITS. we do not want dialog users to do multiple login.

login/disable_multi_gui_login parameter parameter is blocking both dialog and service users for ITS

Thanks,
Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

I think the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login does not differentiate between what kind of a user it is - service or dialog. So, i guess your only option would be to restrict both users.

Unless, you know a way to differentiate the user IDs of such users. How are you guys doing it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha,

we are following solution in Note 1841303:Multiple Logon Restriction in case of webgui / its but again it disables both dialog and service users. i have raised oss to sap, lets see the solution.

thanks,
Ranjith