cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Data Repository when changing source table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run a task to calculate the score on a data table, and the failed records get successfully copied to the FDR.

However, if I now add a column to my source data table/view, the task fails.

I know that this is because the source table and FD table, no longer have matching columns

Question is , what to do to resolve ?

Currently I am dropping the FD & FR table from the repository.

.. or modifying the FD table to accommodate the new column.

But is this the best solution ?

I am curious as to what SAP recommends, or what solutions other users are employing ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SP5, and I have been told that these issues have been fixed in SP6.

Unfortunately we can't apply that until March due to all sorts of external reasons.

Would be interested to see if any SP6 users have found this issue disappear for them !

In the mean time, solution we have working:

• manually add/alter/drop the required columns on the '_FD' table.
  • re compile the associated '_VW'
    • On SQL Server, the above query is a select '*' , and you need to do a straight ALTER on the query without altering the T-SQL.

The action on the '_VW'  allows Information Steward's "View More Failed Data' function to work correctly after the table change.

A pain for anyone in a locked down multiple server environment, a few security rules have to be broken to allow the changes on an Integ or Prod system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the error that you are getting ?

if the column is added in the source system and you have not imported that table again in IS , then from IS point of view, that column doesn't exists and the task should run fine

if you reimport the table, in that case also, it will cause the FD and FR tables to recreated and it should work fine

also, what is the complete IS version ? may be a bug in the version that you are using

instead of deleting the _FD and _FR tables, to force recreation of these tables, you can update the source and failed data connection in CMC, add some description or retype the password and save the connection

Nawfal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know if you drop a column from a table you will also have to  remove all its IS dependent objects. However I am not sure what happens when you add a column to your source table.

You can however  check this by performing  the "Reconcile" in Browse Metadata>connection >Schema. You should see an new icon display that indicates a change in the schema. After that Select the required  objects  click Re-import. Test now the rest.

Regards

Nawfal

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=9F6A80F0-02CE-4DBB-8533-DF30CFE6CA2A&idea_id=52E8D1F5-...

Simon,

I found this same issue a while back and raised it as an incident with SAP.  This is how it is designed so I raised the following idea.

You can rename the FDR repository tables and views and it will work, but you need to know this upfront or the task will just fail.

I cannot recall receiving any recommendation from SAP.

regards

Adrian