Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination For Inter Company Transfer

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have searched the forum but unable to find any solution for this which is why i am posting my issue here. I am trying to transfer an existing asset from Company code A to B. Now i am very well aware that this can be done through ABT1N but the issue is with the financial transaction this process is generating and values. I am using transfer variant 1 for my transfer as i wish to transfer only the net book value from company code A to B. but when i simulate the transaction system also picks and transfers the Accumulated Depreciation along with APC value. Secondly it picks the Contra account: Acquisition value in both companies where as i want inter company payable and receivable to be booked in both companies. i understood that in AO90 "Acquisition from affiliated company" is the liability (Inter company payable) account  and "Clear.revenue sale to affil.company" is inter company Receivable account but system in not picking these account neither do system allows "Clear.revenue sale to affil.company account to be a balance sheet account. Can any expert please shed some lite on account determination used in AO90 and how can i achieve my desired results in ABT1N? Following is the transaction i am trying to achieve here:

In company code A

Inter company Receivable  Debit

Asset Credit (Net Book Value)

In Company Code B

Asset Debit (With Net Book Value)

Inter Company Payable Credit

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is really surprising that there is no way to post inter company receivable payable through ABT1N. Please if any one got any experience on this please do help us out here.  

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some comment on your question and i hope it may helps you. firstly are you sure that transfer variant 1 is the net method ? in my SAP net method is 2 . i tested and its ok.. he close the carry amount of the asset in its accumulated deprecation and the net amount transferred to new company code..

Regarding the inter company posting you need .. i know that SAP assign a contra account in both company codes away from normal inter company GL used when you pay a invoice related to another company code  from your account instead of them.

This both contra account has to be open item management .. when the asset arrive the new company code , or you have a confirmation of them that asset arrived in there location you can now use F-03 to create inter company entry using the normal inter company GL to post this transaction..

Hope the above helps you to understand SAP methodology in inter company transfers

Regards

Mahmoud El Nday

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mahmoud,

Sorry for the typo net method is 2 you right. in my query i wrote 1 instead of 2. Behavior that i explained above is by using transfer variant 2 and results are same. System takes Cost asset ass well as accumulated depreciation to the receiving company code's asset.

Regarding the posting you mentioned i did think about this workaround but i was not sure if its the standard process. could you please confirm if inter company receivable/payable can be auto posted by SAP_AA  or is posting manually is the standard way in SAP.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Similar boat, was surprised to see that there is no IC payable/receivable posted via ABT1N. So the only way to close the loop on this one is to manually post the IC payable and receivable entry?