Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Check on Quote Status during Order update

j_sen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an order in ECC that was created in reference to a quote (Created in CRM). After sometime the quote was expired in CRM (Update status to expired and validity dates updated) and will not be allowed for editing. Now, the problem we encounter is that the Order cannot be updated in ECC. It seems like it's checking the status of the quote in CRM. Is there a way to update the subsequent documents created in ECC?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

Do you get any error message in ECC whne you try to edit the quotation or is it locked?

If you get an error please provide the error id and number.

Best regards

Christophe

j_sen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Yes, there is an error message - "Not possible to make changes in the document" Message V2250.

It says that changes are not permitted due to document status.

Thanks!

Jen

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

I suspect that the same order can not be changed in CRM either.  If this is the case it means the behaviour described in note 611773 applies here.

Basically it means that when the order can not be changed in CRM the same shoudl apply in ECC.

Please comment if the context is different.

Best regards

Christophe

j_sen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Yes I believe that's true for the case of the quote(CRM doc). However, we are not updating nor recreating the order(ECC doc) in CRM. The order was just created in reference to the quote. We are only trying to do changes in the order and not to the quotation.  So I think that changes to the order should still be allowed.

Regards,

Jen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

You will also need to check, Which scenario are you using.

Best regards,

Dinesh

j_sen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I'd like to know how I could correctly check the scenario? I checked on tables CRMPAROLTP and SMOFPARSFA quotes doc type are set to 'X'.

Thanks!

Jen

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

I would suggest that you debug based on the error.

The code should clearly highlight which setting or table content triggers the error.

Best regards

Christophe