Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous filling/deletion of archiving infostructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following question:

It is possible to execute simultaneously filling and deletion of different archiving sessions on the same archiving infostructure ?

Thanking in advance your answer, best regads

Joseph Sangoi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are actually 2 ways to create/delete archive infostructures, either by archive or by info structure.

If you do it by archive then SAP should only care about those archives which were selected. But if you do it by info structure then SAP collects the archives itself.

And if you already started a new creation then the delete job may remove this one again.

I would not plan those jobs at the same time, just because of normal caution and since the deletion job really does not need much time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

But only for clarify:

I had planned to do the filling/deletion via infostructure (SARI) and additionally the archiving sessions of both process are not the same.

So, even in this case would be better do not execute both Jobs simultaneously ? What do you think ?

Best regards

Joseph Sangoi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had not talked about anything different than SARI, you have there 2 buttons on top, one to fill/delete by archive and the other to fill/delete by archive info structure.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ank_gupta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I would like to delete the old data from Archiving Infostructure tables for Event Handlers and Event messages. But when I am trying delete for one day by selecting Delete Structures in transaction SARI , the background job is taking very long time. Since we are handling 1.5 crores of events per day and infostructure table size reaches 2.2 TB size. Hence requesting you to please share any program to delete the Same.

Thanks & Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks, so I will plan the Jobs separately