cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL for Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am rolling out Travel Management for new country for my client.

Being a beginner in Travel Management I got stuck while implementing a change mentioned below.

I request your help for this.

My Client has a requirement that

1. Traveler or Travel Assistant should not able to see "Define New Query" and "Personalize" links on FITV_POWL_TRIPS and FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT respectively. However "Change Query" link should be available.

2. Travel Assistant should not have buttons "Edit Employee Profile" and "Express Expense Sheet" but "Unlock" button should be visible on FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT.

Please refer to attached screenshot for more details.

Please help with your expert comments.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priyanka Dhuke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I believe you want to hide the Define New Query and Personalise links fom both expense report and travel request. The easiest option would be to hide these via the Webdynpro configuration in the admin mode. Basically if you run the webdynpro application in admin mode via se80 and then right click on each link (field) and select 'setting for configuration' and then select the radio button Invisible for visibility option and include this in your transport. This should hide the link/field etc.

This is explained in detailed by Jan Thomas Nygaard

There also have been recent changes to the POWL functionality with Travel Management so I would recommend you look at a Wiki by Sally Redmond - Change Query and POWL authorization object for display - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps

Ankur

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved this exact same requirement with means of enhancements in the respective WDYN Components, i.e. FITV_POWL_TRIPS, FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT and POWL_UI_COMP. Works very cleanly and is easily trackable / maintainable. For the detail buttons you could also use CC FITV_POWL_TRAVELOBJS, enhance it and set the buttons invisible, if you like "clickie-clickie" more than coding.

I've already said it numerous times, but I'm always happy to repeat it once more in this thread as well : I strongly recommend NOT using the customizing Layer of the implicit personalization options for wda (i.e. admin personalization or sap-config-mode=X). Especially when it's about POWL based applications you shouldn't do it, because the POWL technology already uses the implicit personalization layer for its UI and things can get very messy if you mix this with your own personalizations.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

for sure your set up is clean and I like it too. But I personally cannot share your strong recommendation. I did this admin mode stuff for years and for many implementations (also for implementations which I was supporting for years) and I never had an issue with the admin mode stuff or even got a messy sitaution.

Specially in the beginning of a project I like it because you get a fast result to show and test.

Later if you get more stuff which justify enhancements than you can take it over...

Sorry but on this I think there is not only one way to do it "right".

Cheers, Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you could say we can agree to disagree

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I can live with it hope you too?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well of course, we don't have to be in complete agreement all the time. Wouldn't that also be very boring? ;-D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hahaha yes very boring, have a great evening..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use admin mode to check if you can hide the not needed functions: (End User and Administrator Personalization - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library)

If this is not working than you need to enhance the WebDynpro. ( Enhancement Framework - SAP Library)

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sigi,

Thank you very much for your inputs!

Since these are standard webdynpros, can we do changes by functional configuration instead of going for WDB configuration?

Many Thanks.

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

yes and no.

Some config you can change via transaction FITVFELD_WEB.

Which here is not possible you need to check via admin mode.

Which here is not possible you need to do a webdynpro enhancement

Best regards, Sigi