cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase ASE Post Installation Steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to Sybase. i tried hard to find database post installation related steps but failed. as compare to other database sybase details are not available.

i am facing several problems...

after installation of SAP Netweaver with Sybase 15.7.0.135 all i was able to do is configure ATM.

after configuration i get error as shown in the screen shot "ase error"

secondly while using SUM to update it showed error of wrong password of sapsso user

thirdly i cant find how to run job update stats....

can someone please guide me with these steps

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your screenshot we can see the shown SAP ASE parameters are not configured with recommended/required settings in a Business Suite environment. When installing a SAP system on ASE with SAPinst, the ASE configuration is set by the SAPinst, so I suspect something else was done after the installation to cause some parameters not matching expected values.

See SAP Note 1749935 - SYB: Configuration Guide for SAP ASE 15.7 - for details about ASE configuration in BS context.

The messages on the top of the screenshot are informational, not errors.

Also, did you implement DBA Cockpit patch collections after the installation of your SAP system on ASE finished?

Depending on your BASIS version, you have to implement one of these SAP Notes:

1558958 - SYB: DBA Cockpit Correction Collection SAP Basis 7.02 / 7.30

1619967 - SYB: DBA Cockpit Correction Collection SAP Basis 7.31

1882376 - SYB: DBA Cockpit Correction Collection SAP Basis 7.40

I recommend you to check following documentation before starting working with ASE on a Business Suite environment:

1) SAP Business Suite on SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Database Administration Guide. The  Chapter 7 is about the DBA cockpit.

You can download it from SAP Service Marketplace Products :

Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.x -> Operations. Then look for "SAP DBA Guide: SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise ".

2) This document, available in Featured Content section of this SCN space:

Getting Started with SAP Applications Using SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise

HTH

Cris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any sybase expert around who can help me please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

You are already aware the kind of information which is available in sdn,service market place and google.

There is no specific guide with title Post-installation steps is available with regard to SAP on SYBASE ASE and that too specific to Sybase DB

so you should be able to check few of the steps mentioned in following links.

2162735 - SYB: Performing a major ASE upgrade (Windows)

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc35888.1570/doc/pdf/aseigwin.pdf

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for the help

one more thing. can you please check the attached screen shot and let me know why i am having this error and how i can solve it

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

I am checking on issue meanwhile update stats,

you can do it through OS level using isql as described in following SAP note:-

1757691 - SYB: How to manually update index statistics of a table using isql

Have you gone through notes mentioned in screenshot

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for all your help

i really appreciate.

plz find the solution of the error shown in screen shot as i am not able to find any help for this

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

where you able to resolve the issue.

Let us know if you resolved it with solution. From the screenshots it was hard to understand the issue.

Close the thread if your query has been answered.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Please reset sapsso user password as suggested for 'sa' in the following sap note:-

1872806 - How to set a new password for SA account in Sybase ASE server

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

its not about unlocking one id. i am looking for complete database post installation steps details.

please if someone can help me with it