Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Launch Issue Via BPC Web

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we have upgraded our EPM Add In for BPC.

Old Version of EPM : SP15 PL0 NET3.5

New Version of EPM Add In : SP21 PL3 NET 4.0

Internet Explorer 11 using.

When user try to launch EPM Add Inn via BPC web link it is not launching. User is using office 2013. We are not getting any launching of EPM Add In issue on office 2007.

Question 2

However when we start via Excel, we have to always enable this add-in. After I close Excel it will get disabled, which is quite inconvenient.

Is there any SAP recommendation how to overcome that and how to make it work via weblink for Excel 2013 ?

That would really nice, because if I’d need to log on to a different system, where the connwection string is not saved in my local PC, I would not be able to do that.

Attachment for your reference. Kindly advise. on this.

Regards

Parag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag

Locate the highlighted files and execute UnloadEPMAddin.reg first and then LoadEPMAddin.reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajendra. I will check on it. Thanks again for your help.

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Thanks for your solution. It works now. But i wanted to know basic concept behind it. Now every user will get such kind of error then. So Do we have any registry setting for it. If so then can you please advise me proper path. Please respond.

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag

The installation should take care of registry settings and you should not have this issue with every user. These issues are machine specific than installation specific. But if you are encountering this scenario for every user, you can write a batch file to be executed after installation to perform the aforementioned steps or have your IT team check the machine configuration.

Please mark the thread as answered if your problem is resolved.

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajendra. Can you please help me how to create batch file for this activity.

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag

You should not have this issue for every user and I will prefer to have machine checked.

You can open a notepad and type simple commands to do that.

For Unloading:

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\EPM Add-In\UnloadEPMAddin.reg"

and then save it as .bat file.

Similarly, create another file for LoadEPMAddin.reg and save as .bat

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\EPM Add-In\LoadEPMAddin.reg"

This is based on a Windows7 machine for a 32-bit installation. You need to adjust it per user's machine. If machines are not identical, you will have a hard time.

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajendra. We have windows7 64 bit installation. And its identical for all the user. Thanks for this help. Its really help me a lot. Also i wants to modify one value from TRUE to FALSE in a file FPMXLClient.DLL.config . can it be possible to add all these changes in one batch file only, rather to create 3 batch file?

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag

You can combine as you wish. Please search online on how to do it. However, I would strictly advise against modifying any dll or config file. It could create problems in the future that will be difficult to identify and resolve.

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajendra. This replacement of value is recommended by SAP hence we are doing it.

Thanks for your advise.

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mark your thread as answered for others as your original problem has been resolved.

Answers (0)