cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Scheduling Anomaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is having an issue with Redwood CPS.  Currently running Build: M33.116.80989.  Jobs that have been scheduled using Submit Frame and Time Window are skipping some of their scheduled runs.  For example.  Job scheduled to run every WD6 at 1:00AM EDT.  So job ran normally on July 9th.  But, when it rescheduled, it skipped its' August 10th run, and next scheduled for September 9th at 12:00AM EDT. Scheduling details for the September 9th run shows the following contrary times: Requested Start Time - Aug 10 1:00:00 AM Scheduled Start - September 9 12:00:00 AM Submit Frame used is called  Every_1_Day Time Window used is called WD6_Adjusted_For_Holidays All preview lists of expected scheduled times for the job list the August 10th run. We have had this issue with a few other jobs, all seem to use submit frames and time windows.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

So on your Submit Frame Element, do you have the 'Skip when Time Window is closed' boxes enabled?

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I verified that the box was checked.

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like your start time interval is very small. My suspicion scenario is the following:

Job was scheduled for August 10th. For some reason (system not available, queue closed, event not available etc) this job was not started before the time window closed. In that case, the job is moved to the next opening of the time window (which is September 9th at midnight).

This explains the requested start time of August 10th and the scheduled start time of September 9th.

To avoid these type of scenarios, it is better to setup the time window to open at the time of the required start time (1am, this will prevent the scheduling at midnight if a schedule is missed) and give it some time to start. Or you can make it a calendar to be open on the full WD6.

Regards Gerben

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's seem you have changed the time window or Submit frame or Job Def and you didnt resubmit your jobs. Can you please when changes have you done in scheduling.

In Screen shot, it showing the last definition was overwritten.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the time window and submit frame to try and find out if that was the cause of the issue.  I am checking these definitions daily to confirm that the schedule stays as expected.  I have found 6 other definitions having the same issue.  I have cancelled and rescheduled those, using new submit frames

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked and verified that the Time window had been checked for 'Is Calendar'.    We are seeing issues with various different chains, and some have it checked, as some do not.  Only correlations I can see is that they all use Submit Frames and Time Windows, and they all include  BW_ProcessChain jobs.