cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Impairment value correction (automatically) ABAW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

I am able to do impairment successfully, after impairment system is not correcting the change value for the remaining useful life of asset. Instead  of that system is reducing life of asset.

Deprecation key -  Straight-Line Method - Useful Life

After impairment system should allocate change value to the entire life of the asset, instead system reduces of life of asset.

Regards

Sadiq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unlike special depreciation, Impairment will not reduce during the year. The ordinary depreciation remains the same for the current year. Only from the next year, the impairment will be taken into consideration and your planned depreciation will be adjusted by considering the Impairment value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar/Venu,

Impairment:

I am able to reduce impairment value and system is propitiating change value from next period to  till the life of asset. But where as i do impairment of Deprecation instead of change adjustment system is reducing the life of asset.

Could you please tell me where i do settings to system can adjust change depreciation till the life of asset.

Regards

Sadiq

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadiq,

You have not provided the details as requested, please provide it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

I don't have problem in posting impairment , it is happening successfully.

Tran action Code - OA84

Transaction Type: Z81 - Reversing an Impairment Loss (Current -Yr acq.)

Transaction type group is : 84

Account Assignment :-

Credit Transaction

Document type - AA

Consolidation Transaction Type - 170

By using above parameters i created transactions type :

Impairment Transaction Code  - ABAW

Transaction Type: Z81 - Reversing an Impairment Loss (Current -Yr acq.)

1. Account posted

Account Posted (Asset APC cost impairment i don't have any problem it is happening well) It is reducing APC and correcting the balance for the remaining life.

2. Reval.O.Dep.CY

When  i do impairment Reval.O.Dep.CY system is reducing APC cost but it is not correcting the asset  balance for the remaining useful life. Instead it is reducing the life of asset.

system should correct balance for deprecation as it is correcting in point number 1 as above.

Regards

Sadiq

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadiq,

Which transaction type have you used for posting impairment? If possible share screen shot of AW01N for the asset.

Regards,

Mukthar