SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waivers for Low Income group ?

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a business requirement where we want to waive off certain fees for low income customers.

The type of fees that will be waived off are as under:

1.Check return fees

2.Disconnection & reconnection fees

As i don't see a standard field to identify low income group in BP or Contract account , i guess we will have to add custom field to one of these objects.

My queries are as under:

1. Is my understanding correct with reference to non availability of standard fields for marking customer as belonging to low income group ?

2. Which is the preferable object to modify BP or CA ?

3. Has anyone implemented something similar & can share their experiences.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Satish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Adding to Bill's comments, there is another field at the Contract Account level, which you can use for the purpose.

The field name is Int: Charges and Discounts Exist for BP-CrtAcct Relations (FKKVKP-INV_CHGDISC_X). This field is available if you have EHP 5.0 applied in your System.

There is another table, FKKVKP_CHGDISC, which holds all the details for this field in FKKVKP.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Satish:

There is no 'low income group' field - but there is account group on the contract account which is used many times for this purpose.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for your response.

I am trying to find the field account group in table FKKVKP but unable to.

Are you referring to Tolerance group or Account Class ? Can you please clarify.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Adding to Bill's comments, there is another field at the Contract Account level, which you can use for the purpose.

The field name is Int: Charges and Discounts Exist for BP-CrtAcct Relations (FKKVKP-INV_CHGDISC_X). This field is available if you have EHP 5.0 applied in your System.

There is another table, FKKVKP_CHGDISC, which holds all the details for this field in FKKVKP.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Amlan and Satich:

Those fields are for use by convergent invoicing.  Enabling them requires licensing beyond the standard utilities license.  And they are really for a different purpose.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for your response.

I like the approach suggested by Bill. However , i am unable to find account group either on CA screens or in the FKKVKP table. I am definitely missing something.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

I meant account class

0 Kudos

Satish,

It is account class field KTOKL in FKKVKP.

Regards,

Sathyadeep

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

We will explore that option.

Currently in our landscape , that field is used to sub categorize a account & in 90% of cases it matches with premise type. Let me explain with an example.

We have about 25 different premise types for different Govt entities for which we us account determination ID GOV. In the account class ,it is  further specified as to what entity the contract account refers to.

But as Low income waivers will be mostly for Single Family , i definitely can see the potential for using this field.

Thanks once again for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Satish,

We had configured specific Identification Type and stored those values onto to the business partner (table BUT0ID) data.These identification types could be used for those special discounts you had mentioned.  However since this is at the BP it will apply to every account they hold or might hold in the future which could be a good or a bad thing.  This field also has the flexibility of having valid from and valid to dates. Just wanted to throw out another option for consideration.

Regards,

Yuvi.

0 Kudos

Thanks Yuvraj

I had considered that option as we are already using it for storing Fund & Internal order.

We have 2 separate ECC instances...one with IS-U & other with IS-PS & we are using the data in BP field for JV postings in ISPS for collective invoices.

That is definitely a option we will consider especially if they want to put a validity period.

Regards

Satish