cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio - GeoMap Component without data in SAP BI Mobile

jean_machado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm using the GeoMap component shape in GeoJSON the tool Design Studio 1.5. But using the SAP BI Mobile application map appears without any data. The map appears empty. The analysis application functions normally via Web Browser and is specifically designed to run on iPad. I performed testing with other components and successfully return data. Has anyone ever experienced this? Hugs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jean_machado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, After performing some tests, I found that the GeoJSON file was too large (6 MB) and contained many details / points. The iPad was struggling to render the GeoJSON. Found Mapshaper site can simplify and reduce the file in this case was 120 kb. http://www.mapshaper.org/ After reducing the file size, successfully worked. Thank you.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

This makes sense.  I also found mapshaper.org useful for reducing the GeoJSON file size in preparing my example for the map zooming blog.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Can you provide a screenshot of your analysis application on the iPad and confirm where you have placed the GeoJSON file in relation to the Design Studio app on the BI Launch Pad?

I have been able to successfully view the GeoMap component with data in the BI Mobile app as shown below:

Regards,

Mustafa.

jean_machado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mustafa! Could perform the procedure by reducing the size of GeoJSON file. hugs