cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example for share widget with prefilled content in ui5 for internal jam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for some example code, how to integrate a share widget for the sap internal jam ("jam4.jamatsap" => this one).

The widget shall be integrated in a UI5 Component inside an UI5 interface or just as a link to a new browser window.

Additionally I want to hand over a content suggestion for the post and give the user the possibility to choose a group.

Does someone know a possibility for this use case ?

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can I assume you have already read this page: SAP Jam Developer Guide?

I'm not a UI5 expert, so I don't have a UI5 example but you can see from the documentation it shows how the JavaScript of the widget works, and that it provides the option to place link post into a specific group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice, but I have read the Developer Guide already multiple times and I am currently using the Feed widget as described. 

What I would like, is to let the User choose in which group he wants to post. Furthermore it would be really helpful to get an API for the widgets instead of only snippets of code.

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik

Have you signed up for your developer edition of SAP Jam yet. If you do that then you will get access to the Widget Builders feature. This is a wizard that will build the code for you for all the features. On the SAP production edition of Jam one the admins have it, but you can use it on your own system. This might help you. You can get a Jam development tenant via the HCP trial account.

Right now the Share Widget doesn't have a group selector option. If you want to provide that you would need to build it into your application.

If you want to connect with me offline to share your use case, to discuss what you are doing you could also do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thats a good idea to get a better inside view on the widgets, I think I will try this.Thank you!