cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not fill the properties of dimension when loading master data from BW to BPC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to load master data from BW into BPC 10.0 (SP 21) for NW. I've read the HTG about this topic in version 7.5.

In the case of cost centers, by the infoobject 0COSTCENTER and the DM package (/CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER), I managed to import only the ID's of cost centers and the controlling area of them , but i could not load the description and attributes.

I used this transformation file:

*OPTIONS

FORMAT = DELIMITED

HEADER = YES

DELIMITER = ,

(etc)

*MAPPING

ID=*IF(ID=*STR() Then *STR(DUMMY);ID)

COMPANY_CODE=0COMP_CODE

CURRENCY=0OBJ_CURR

CENTRO_BENEFICIO=0PROFIT_CTR

ERP_SOCIEDAD_CO=0CO_AREA

*CONVERSION

CECO=CECO.xls

Within the conversion file shown above, i put two java scripts in the column internal:

* - js:%external%.toString().replace(/\s+/g,"")

* - js:toUpperCase(%internal%)

In BPC side, i have the dimension CECO (cost center), which has properties such us company code, currency, profit_center (named "centro_beneficio) or controlling area. In the part of mapping, I assign the properties with the attributes of the infoobject 0COSTCENTER (0COMP_CODE, 0OBJ_CURR, 0PROFIT_CTR, 0CO_AREA).

The validation of the transformation file with the infoobject 0COSTCENTER is successful.

In the set filter of the infoobject, i filter by Controlling Area, i put the hierarchy and select "yes" to import node text. I use the lenguage "English". I check only the attributes: Company code (0COMP_CODE, Currency object (0OBJ_CURR), Profit center (0PROFIT_CTR) and Controlling Area (0CO_AREA)

When run the package to import MD (atributtes and texts), i select "Update" an "External formar" for leading zeros. The dimension target is CECO.

The status of the package is succes, but in the CECO's dimension sheet i only have the ID's of the cost center, the description and the rest of properties mapped don't appear. Nodes text doesn't appear, neither.

In BW side, I have the infoobject 0COSTCENTER, but this one is not active, it's in the version "Business Content". Is this the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally, I've got to load the descriptions and properties in my BPC dimension sheet.

The problem was that I was looking up in the incorrect system. I was in R3 system instead of BW system.

In the truly BW system, the infoobject was activated already, but missing the datasource for attributes and texts. Once configured, the DM package /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER works perfectly.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Manu.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

As Gajendra commented, I've activated the infoobject 0COSTCENTER from BW side thanks to my BW team. It already is in active version.

However, i still can not load the text (descriptions) and attributes (properties) of the infobject. I get the same performance that when the infoobject was not activated in the business content.

The master data table and the text table have data:

What can be the problem now?

I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Manu

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

Your conversion file is updating field CECO which I do not see in the transformation mapping above?

It should be ID=CECO.xls!Your Sheet name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

CECO is my BPC dimension. I've kept the steps of HTG and I've done the same. I think this is correct.

But doesn't care, finally I got it! I was able to load both descriptions and properties.

I am going to reply the solution in a generic answer.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Kind regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, Gajendra,

I appreciate your prompt response.

In BW side, for the infoobject 0COSTCENTER I have the master data and text tables filled. However, the status of the object is inactive. It is in the version Business Content.

Attached screenshot where you can watch it.

How can i ensure that those tables have data? Right-clicking on them in "Detailed info" or "Table type" the following dialog appears:

Kind regards,

Manu

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

You need to get it activated. You can use T-code RSD1 to activate or reinstall from Business content again. If you face any issue, kindly get in touch with your BW team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect Gajendra,

I will be in touch with my BW team to activate these infoobjects.

Once this has been done, I hope it works completely, then!

Thank you and you will hear from me as soon as I get it.

Kind regards,

Manu

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

You need to have all the attribute and text data filled in active 0COSTCENTER. There must be data in the master data tables - /BI0/PCOSTCENTER for attributes and /BI0/TCOSTCENTER before you load data into BPC.

paul_leenstra3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manu

You need to ensure that the master data and text tables are activated for the 0COSTCENTER characteristic.

Regards,

Paul