Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Distributor Advance

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Distributors pay in advance (the distributor maintains a security deposit with the seller ) on behalf of the end customer. Subsequently, on due date customer pays to the seller as per agreement between the distributor and customer. The PO is raised by the end customer directly to the seller. The material is shipped to the end customer directly and billed for the sale.

Distributor is responsible for - any default from customer.

The amount paid by customer to seller is credited to the distributor account. Usually, this “credit” is used by the distributor for the next transaction. At the end of the month the distributors account is reconciled.

The distributor either claims his commission for the sale or decides to use it for the next cycle.    

1.    Sales order and Invoice will be raised, from whom PO is received

2.    Transaction shall be recorded in the ledger of the Invoicee. 

3.    C form shall be collected from, whose name invoice being raised.

Please Could any one guide me, how to map this scenario..

Best Regards,

AL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

what I have done for this process is, that I have created a new account group for the distributor partner and create a new Z partner function for commission and have assigned this partner function for the end customer to whom the material is shipped and billed.

all this is working fine.

The issue now is how do I track the advance/security deposit given by the distributor to facilitate the sale to his end customer.

1. I have maintained the advance/security deposit paid by the distributor through FI

2. I have added a manual condition type for advance utilized in the pricing procedure. this will be entered at the time of creating sales order and this will       flow to billing and posted to FI

But some how this isn't working. Please let me know in case if any one might have worked on similar kind of a scenario.

Please guide me!!

Thanks & Regards,

AL

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ICM Interface is activated, it is possible to address this requirement with standard configuration.  If not, you have to go with some customized table and reports.  You can also consider having one condition type with Accrual box checked, for commission so that as and when, billing documents are generated, the corresponding commission amount would be posted to Accrual account.  FI team has to validate and release payment to Distributor who should be treated as a Vendor in this case.

G. Lakshmipathi

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share some screenshots of billing plan data of the order item, partner functions for the item and also the postings with special GL indicators F and A that are relevant for this order?

From you explanation the process looks to me more like some sort of payment guarantee than a downpayment process. I could be mistaken though - got a bit lost tracking who posts to which account and at what stage .