Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable navigation between IMG activity and Transport request?

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a custom node in the standard IMG (ref. ) and everything seems to be working fine.

The TR is also updated with the IMG activity (super!)

Normally when we click on the IMG activity, we are taken to the IMG (or given a popup to decide which IMG activity to use).

But when i click the IMG activity in the TR i just get an empty popup and nothing happens

I tried to compare the custom IMG activity with standard activities, but that didn't work out. SAP documentation is of no avail (who am i kidding here?)

Does anyone know how to set up the navigation between the TR and the IMG activity?

BR,

Suhas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I tried to reproduce your problem in my own system and it linked fine from the transport to the IMG.  Then I tried a different node and got the same pop-up you describe.

Both nodes I'd created myself and there was no difference between them, but the fact I could run both scenarios gave me a good platform to debug.

The failure to link to the node seems to result from the content of table INDX_HSRCH being out of date (in fact the node that didn't link was created much later from the one that does).  What I haven't found yet is a way to refresh this table, although if I choose Settings -> User specific in transaction SIMG there is an option "Set the index refresh time (days):".  Clearly, no documentation on this.

Not a definitive answer, but if there's a way to refresh the IMG index I guess that would solve the problem.

Regards,

Nick

(and if we find out what it is I'll update the blog)

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I tried to reproduce your problem in my own system and it linked fine from the transport to the IMG.  Then I tried a different node and got the same pop-up you describe.

Both nodes I'd created myself and there was no difference between them, but the fact I could run both scenarios gave me a good platform to debug.

The failure to link to the node seems to result from the content of table INDX_HSRCH being out of date (in fact the node that didn't link was created much later from the one that does).  What I haven't found yet is a way to refresh this table, although if I choose Settings -> User specific in transaction SIMG there is an option "Set the index refresh time (days):".  Clearly, no documentation on this.

Not a definitive answer, but if there's a way to refresh the IMG index I guess that would solve the problem.

Regards,

Nick

(and if we find out what it is I'll update the blog)

0 Kudos

Ok, I found it.

In the Reference IMG if you choose 'Find' the pop-up displays the "Last text index generation" date and time, and also includes an option to refresh that index.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

but the fact I could run both scenarios gave me a good platform to debug.

If i said that i was lazy to debug & you did the job for me, would it violate the RoE?

Already scheduled the job(s) and waiting for them to be completed! Will update the post once they are complete.

0 Kudos

As I also searched the forum for you to find out how to generate the IMG index I guess you're doubly damned!

0 Kudos

I owe you a few p*ints then