Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Central 6.1.0 - error on clicking at maintenance plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have the following problem:

we are using Sybase Central 6.1.0 (local on Windows 7 64 bit, Server Windows 2012).

On each system, after we named the maintanance plan and clicking on next, an internal error occured and the application ends.

the same error occured, if i click on Events in the menue tree.

Any idea how to fix it without migrating on the actual version?

The next problem is, to download the last updates for this version we need to have a login for the marketplace but we don't have anyone.
We have send mails to the support but everytime we get the same automativ email back, without any hints.

Thanks and regards

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you need help with SAP marketplace, you can call the Global Support Customer Interaction Team

. Phone numbers in the link SAP Service Marketplace Content Page

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is actually a very cool page ( or so it appears, without actually dialing the phone numbers : ).

Do you know of any similar cool page for technical support phone numbers?

( I'm not very good at navigating sap.com : )

http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/feature/3631/dnd_game.jpg

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do not know a page like that for Technical Support

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Technical support is available by phone once you are assigned to a specific service person in technical support handling your incident.

You can initiate contact to technical support via a valid S-User account and by opening an incident on http://support.sap.com/ underneath the component BC-SYB-SQA (for SQL Anywhere / MobiLink / SQL Remote / UltraLite issues). When you open an incident on the portal, you can also simultaneously request an immediate callback (or you will be automatically called back for "Very High / P1" issues) and you will be called back once your incident has been picked up by SQL Anywhere support.

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

> an internal error occured

Exactly what was the error message? Nobody here can help you without more information.

=====

If you are using SQL Anywhere 12 in a production environment, then you must have paid for it, and AFAIK you are entitled to receive an SAP "s-userid".

That SAP "s-user-id" comes with a password, and it can be used to download EBFs (patches, support packages, ...).

This web page was written by an outsider to show how to download EBFs.

That is the good news, now the bad news... it can be very difficult to get an "s-userid". It took me over a week to get one after purchasing a SQL Anywhere 16 via the SAP online store... and that online store no longer exists.

As far as I know there is no online method to purchase SQL Anywhere 12 any more, or get an "s-userid" for a product you own, so...

Call somebody, ask for an "s-userid", and be patient.

Good luck!

Breck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Breck,

this is the error after clicking on Events or naming a maintenance plan:

This error occured on each Computer / workstation and Server where Sybase Central 6 and SQL Anywhare 12 are running.

regards

Sabrina

VolkerBarth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sabrina,

what SQL Anywhere 12 build are you using on the workstations (shown in Sybase Central's "Help/About" window - or "Hilfe/Info über..." in a German version)?

And what version are you using on the database server (use "select @@version" in DBISQL)?

With SA 12.0.1.4278, I cannot reproduce that problem, a maintenance plan is created without issues. (@Breck: And the cited error message is really not telling anything relevant: "Sybase Central has encountered a problem and must be closed...").

Does the problem also appear when switching to use the English locale? - To do so, run "%SQLANY12%\bin64\dblang EN" in a cmd window.

Note, whereas you need Sybase Central to create maintenance plans, they are really only some wrapper around the according events, so you might be able to create the events directly within DBISQL without these issues.

(In case you have an existing maintencance plan, the according event is named like the maintenance plan with an "_event" suffix, so for the plan "MT_MyFullBackup", you might have an event "MT_MyFullBackup_event".)

Further hints may be found in the SQL Anywhere forum here:

Questions Tagged With maintenance-plan - SQLA Forum

Best regards

Volker

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is Sybase Central part of SQL Anywhere 12.0.1?

Windows Server 2012 support has been introduced in build 3797 http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35654