SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain fields 'version category' and 'Maint Auth' for Mill Products material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a material in ECC with Material Type 'MCFE'. IS-DIMP 617 is installed for the Mill Products. This populates 2 mandatory fields 'Vers.cat.' (VTYPE) and 'Maint.Auth' on the first screen of material master. The values cannot be entered manually. Where and how to maintain values for these fields?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Haags
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

with first screen you mean: material master: "Basic data 1".

My test in EhP7, SAP_APPL Support pack SAPKH61703, ECC-DIMP SAPK-1703, did not show your fields.

Which entry in MM01, field "industry sector" you have used ?

Maybe the customizing for material master "field" Display is changed, due to additional activated "Business function" or Add on.

I do not know these fields, but you can check the current setup in customizing and also adopt. Well, a little bit tricky to understand.

Are you working in EhP7 System newly installed or was it upgraded ?

Are you working at a cable Company ? You intent to use the function "Reel calculation" ? If yes, then material type MCFE is correct. IF not, do not use it. Instead go with FERT.

If my explenations does not bring your investigations further, then it might be an error => Create ticket.

Greetings, Stefan

IBU Mill Products

Solution Management

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Haags
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

with first screen you mean: material master: "Basic data 1".

My test in EhP7, SAP_APPL Support pack SAPKH61703, ECC-DIMP SAPK-1703, did not show your fields.

Which entry in MM01, field "industry sector" you have used ?

Maybe the customizing for material master "field" Display is changed, due to additional activated "Business function" or Add on.

I do not know these fields, but you can check the current setup in customizing and also adopt. Well, a little bit tricky to understand.

Are you working in EhP7 System newly installed or was it upgraded ?

Are you working at a cable Company ? You intent to use the function "Reel calculation" ? If yes, then material type MCFE is correct. IF not, do not use it. Instead go with FERT.

If my explenations does not bring your investigations further, then it might be an error => Create ticket.

Greetings, Stefan

IBU Mill Products

Solution Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm working for a cable company and intend to use 'Reel calculation'.

The fields appear on "Basic Data 1" tab. My ECC is newly installed - version 6.0 EHP7; DIMP617 - SAPK-61709INECCDIMP.

In MM01, I've selected industry sector as "Mechanical Engineering" and material type as "MCFE".

Like you mentioned, there were several business functions activated recently for Mill Products due to which these fields appear for material type "MCFE".

As of now, I'm using KMAT and FERT material types for my finished products and HALB for semi-finished ones. These are fulfilling most of my requirements.

But I wanted to explore the use of material type MCFE as it is specific to Cable industry.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

The MCFE is a copy of FERT, enhanced with a new material master view "Cable".

You will use this material type, when the material should be prepared for usage of functionality "Reel calculation". Therefore you add additional master data

Without need to RC, you can go with FERT only.

The Display only fields "'Vers.cat.' (VTYPE) and 'Maint.Auth' has nothing todo with the RC functionality.

Reel Calculation

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/33/eac353b677b44ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm?

Reel Master Data for the Reel Calculation

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/24/eac353b677b44ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm

See also SAP note 1123641 Fact  book Mill Products for Cable Industry.

Greetings,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can make these 2 field hidden as these 2 field has nothing to do with the functionality as Stefan told in above reply.

You can hide these field in TA- OMT3B, Select Screen Sequence - MC (Millca cable) and click on DATA screen, and in whichever screen that 2 fields are  coming select that screen, and click on subscreen and maintain right screen number for that respective field.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohit

0 Kudos

Thanks Mohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you resolve this problem?

We are implementing DIMP in cable products and I need this for reel calculation.

Thanks a lot