Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG API -> Get Change Document

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I got the requirement to display the Change Document of a Change Request (With old an new values). I could't find an appropriate method in the Convenience and Governance API.

After searching a while, I found out that there is a class CL_USMD_MDF_CHANGE_DOCUMENT. This class has the method Read_document_lines. Am I on the right track? When calling this method I have to pass a model as parameter and i don't know how get this.

Can anyone please put some light on this ;-).

Thanks and regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Chris

Why you are not using side panel funcationality for this? Please refer below and activate side panel

Business Context Viewer in Single Processing - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay for your reply. This seems to be WebDynpro specific, but I want to show this values in Fiori, so I need to write ABAP code in the backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiris

Do you want in Fiori apps (Request or Approval). Also pleas check

SAP MDG Fiori Extensibility Guide

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

We are implementing an approval app (Approve Request/ My Inbox App) for Fiori, there is no SAP Standard for this at the moment, so this document is not helpful for me.

The important question is, how can I get the change document of a change request with abap code? Someone here with expierence in that field?

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

To get a model instance use the following class

*    "Create Instance of the Model
     CALL METHOD CL_USMD_MODEl=>GET_INSTANCE
       EXPORTING
         I_USMD_MODEL = (Data model name)
       IMPORTING
         EO_INSTANCE  = LO_MODEL
         ET_MESSAGE   = LT_MESSAGE.

You are using the right class , first determine the header details using READ_DOCUMENT_HEADER and then use read_document_lines

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Are you on MDG7.0 with SP06 or MDG7.0 with SP04?

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

thanks for your answer.  This was also my idea. The problem is, that if I call the method CL_USMD_MODEl=>GET_INSTANCE I get back TYPE IF_USMD_MODEL_EXT... and the Method READ_DOCUMENT_HEADER  expects TYPE IF_USMD_MODEL.... How to solve that issue?

Thanks + regards

Chris

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

That is strange.CL_USMD_MODEL=>get_instance does return instance of CL_USMD_MODEL. Please see the screen shot below

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Is your issue resolved?

Regards,
Raghu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, its working now -> see solution of Raghu.