SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing CONNOBJ migration object using EMIGALL, Label ## is already being use in labeling system ##

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a problem when importing CONNOBJ migration object using EMIGALL (IS-U Migration Workbench). I configured all needed fields and did several imports already, which did everything needed and as expected.

Due to other business needs, I activate alternative labeling for functional locations because I need maximum lenght of 40 for them.

I implement SAP note 1163742 to enable use of alternative labeling in IS-U.

Since then, Im unable to do a successful import of CONNOBJ migration object using EMIGALL. The error Im getting is: Functional location ## already exists.

I tried doing following:

• I reseted functional location number range in transaction EN03 – this didnt help. After doing this, I get another error: Label ## is already being use in labeling system ##.
  • As mentioned above I implemented note 1163742 (it helps IS-U support the alternative labeling) – it didnt help
  • I implemented note 1344684 (it help showing the correct migration objects CONNOBJ and DEVLOC) – it didnt help
  • I implemented note 702373 (to delete invalid records in IFLOS table) – it didnt help

When I try to create connection object via transaction ES55, the connection object gets created without an error. This is why I think the problem is somewhere in EMIGALL procedures.

I also analize SAP note 687105, but our system version is 617 and solution from that note is already implemented.

Has anyone ran into similar problem or knows what should I do to continue with import?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

there is a possible workaround for your specific problem.

You can try to create a copy of ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CREATE and add a delay of at least 0.05 seconds at the end of the function module. Then use your new Z module instead of the original one when using EMIGALL.

I hope this solves your problem.

Best regards,

Noa Franjul.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All I can suggest is setting a watchpoint in RE3TR_MEL01_CON for the specific message id you are seeing. 

not much help I know 😕 sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

there is a possible workaround for your specific problem.

You can try to create a copy of ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CREATE and add a delay of at least 0.05 seconds at the end of the function module. Then use your new Z module instead of the original one when using EMIGALL.

I hope this solves your problem.

Best regards,

Noa Franjul.

0 Kudos

Hi Noa,

It seems that your suggested solution works. So it is probably bug in EMIGALL when that combination of settings appear, because without alternative labeling for functional locations everything works fine.

Thank you very much!

Danijel