cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand Entity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am new to Odata world and i have following scenario and would like to know how to achieve it.

Structure-1 - ProductionOperationConfirmation

Structure-2 - GoodsMovement

Create below objects and their Associations as well..

Entity Type-1- ProductionOperationConfirmation   

Entity Type-2- GoodsMovement

Entity Set-1- ProductionOperationConfirmations

Entity Set-2- GoodsMovements

By standard definition following URI works fine:

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZPP_PRODOPS_CONFIRM_SRV/ProductionOperationConfirmations('0000000357')/GoodsMovements

It retrives me the list of components, for the given Confirmation# - this is for 2 separate views on UI (standard app)

But my intention is to get detail for a given Confirmation# along with table of all Components assigned to it in one go:

the simple reason being i would like to see both these data on a single view for my UI design.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZPP_PRODOPS_CONFIRM_SRV/ProductionOperationConfirmations('0000000357')?$expand=GoodsMovements

Reading through several blogs here, i started by using METHOD /IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~GET_EXPANDED_ENTITY

I could populate the Confirmation and the said components list here but upon final output on the gatewayclient all i see is the ProductionOperationConfirmation  alone without any GoodsMovements data (attachment ouptut.txt).

Is my scenario even valid or where am i going wrong in the approach ?

Appreciate all help...

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your response I can see an an empty inline feed. This can be achieved by two ways

Option 1:  Do not implement method /IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~GET_EXPANDED_ENTITY( ). Id you have correctly implemented a read for 'ProductionOperationConfirmations' and a query for 'GoodsMovements', framework will call the methods and will return you the data.

Option 2: If you have explicitly implemented IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~GET_EXPANDED_ENTITY( ) then you need to write custom logic o populate the data in  nested structure. The nested structure will be having all the properties from entity 'ProductionOperationConfirmations' with an extra field called 'GoodsMovements'(navigation property name), the type of field GoodsMovements would be an internal table of 'GoodsMovements'.

Next you have to pass the NavigationPropertyName to parameter 'ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES' to tell the framework that you have done the expand on your own and no framework attention needed.

I would say debug the method and check if you are sending the correct data in correct format .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atanu,

You are right, I have done the same on method /IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~GET_EXPANDED_ENTITY and yet not getting the table in the final output (same attachment).

In debug mode i could see the table populated with 6 entries but on the output as you see the table is not even displayed. The URI goes like this -- /sap/opu/odata/sap/ZPP_PRODOPS_CONFIRM_SRV/ProductionOperationConfirmations('0000000357')?$expand=GoodsMovements

And also can i achieve the expected result directly for my URI: /sap/opu/odata/sap/ZPP_PRODOPS_CONFIRM_SRV/ProductionOperationConfirmations('0000000357')?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how didi you solve this iam facing same issue