cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI R1 Crviewer.dll install and Register Problem

0 Kudos

We are installing our product on a client vista machine. Crystal Reports XI R1 crviewer.dll not linking properly on the Vista machine. I need a install pkg for crviewer.dll and its dependencies. that I can run as a utility on client machine when there is a product installation problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ted

There is an MSM available, but you will need to create a setup package using InstallShield or something like that. No other redistributable is available, never was. See the following for link:

Crystal Reports Report Designer Component Runtime Distribution - Versions pre 8.0.x to 12.0 - Busine...

And by the way, what Praveen mentioned is absolutely correct. Just because your app  and designer work on those Operating Systems does not mean they are supported. It only means that you are lucky and can expect this to break with any OS update... The following wiki has info on what OS is supported by what versin of CR:

Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports 2013, Runtime Distribution and Supported Operating Sys...

You may also want to consider the following wiki, even though it's title specifies .NET, it would apply to RDC also:

What versions of Crystal Reports are supported on Windows Vista in VS .NET?

Update to any CR XI R2 SP will require recompile of the application, not just installing CR XI R2 files...

And a last FYI. Both CR XI and CR XI R2 are out of support - have been for years. Once you get to the point of updating to .NET, come back and we'll set you up with a bunch of starting resources, etc., etc.

Good luck,

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I understand but that is not so. I am running Crystal on Vista on two machines here and ALSO am running Crystal XI on two Windows 8.0 machines here!  That is really true and have no problem with Crystal Reports CRViewer.dll.   If it installs properly within the install all is well. I used to have a book we made up years ago that I ran but believe its integrity was lost on a hard drive crash that took an include script!

I feel comfortable if I had a pkg that just installed crviewer.dll and its dependencies (Crystal Reports XI R1) I would be through this.

They gave me Full install and SP4 for R2 and told me to install that on client machine but of course that did not work because my programs are all compiled with R1.

I am going to freeze the system {over 600 modules} in Nov and get Crystal Reports 2013 and start major conversion to Dot Net.

but I need a quick fix to get through this.

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

As per my knowledge, Crystal Reports has been updated for Vista ONLY in R2 (release 2) and with Service Pack 2 released in March 2007. Crystal Reports XI R1 has not been updated for Vista compatibility.

--Praveen G